difficult chapters

what your most hated chapter? the material that you think that you will not be able to solve the questions and the topic for which you say i dont care…i wont do that… tell me in order to study it extensively to get an advantage over you on the passing curve!

oh and btw can someone tell me WHY General Motors is hovering around 31???cause am long!

superstar123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what your most hated chapter? the material that > you think that you will not be able to solve the > questions and the topic for which you say i dont > care…i wont do that… > > tell me in order to study it extensively to get an > advantage over you on the passing curve! Quantitative return objective in IPS for individual investors.

superstar123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > what your most hated chapter? the material that > you think that you will not be able to solve the > questions and the topic for which you say i dont > care…i wont do that… > > tell me in order to study it extensively to get an > advantage over you on the passing curve! Quantitative methods…

ama you are not helping mate…i cant get advantage on that!!i have yet to do a correct return calculation!!!damn…and even the return objective in words is very tricky…i cant even get full marks on that!let alone the calculation… yesterday i tried the 2006 morning return calculation…and i have to say one thing… OMG

superstar123 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ama you are not helping mate…i cant get > advantage on that!!i have yet to do a correct > return calculation!!!damn…and even the return > objective in words is very tricky…i cant even > get full marks on that!let alone the > calculation… > > yesterday i tried the 2006 morning return > calculation…and i have to say one thing… > > OMG It is almost impossible for me to have 100% correct calculation anytime. Moreover, it is very time-consuming. with much time spent but no confidence I will get correct calculation, I wonder if I shall do it on the exam.

If you write down your ‘process’ in a clear way and do not get the exact right answer you will still get a bulk of the points…at least that is what Stalla is telling candidates

mcap11 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you write down your ‘process’ in a clear way > and do not get the exact right answer you will > still get a bulk of the points…at least that is > what Stalla is telling candidates If so, I will just try best. That’s what I can do !

guys when you say process in the return calculation you will write it just like the answers in the past exams? i mean a table with investable assets,cash inflows and outflows for t=0 and t=1 ??

Yes, that is what I am going to do.

honestly, if you miss the return calc, miss it and move on. time is an issue in the AM. do not get hung up or come back to it. you’ll get a general idea of the IPS. if you miss it, seriously… turn the page.

So, maybe it’s better to leave the quantitative return objective in IPS for individual investors to the last one.

thats what am doing if i miss it…if its like a return calc in 2006 am not going to find it…just put numbers down and go on…should we try and make a calc though?sometimes you know its the wrong one but should we go all the way to add the inflation as well to just come up with a number?or no point?

i am no grader, but i’d think on IPS you’d either get the return # right or not. But if the IPS is like 25 points let’s say, the return part is what, 3-5 points? miss it if it’s confusing, move on, nail the qualitative on IPS, and have enough time to answer q’s like 7-10 or however many on the back side of the exam not in a frantic panic with 10 minutes left before time’s up. i would say a large downfall of mine last year was AM time mgmt. and i take tests VERY fast usually. it’s an issue.

when I just saw mcap’s quizzes, I realize I f’ing hate GIPS.

The return calculation if answered incorrectly would cause problems in subsequent questions when you have to select portfolios. I find it not fair.

last year i had a real problem with these qs like bannisja…last 3 questions i had like 20 minutes…and thats impossible to do cause they need concentration and focus to really answer the point…dont know this year,maybe do the ips ind and inst and then go to the last question and start from back… but one thing am sure of…if i see the slightest difficulty in a sub question and cannot recall the material from the book am leaving it blank,cause from my experience you just cannot write stuff and get the points or even partial credit,they really really focus on keywords and phrases - or so i think…any long explanation is not good enough as last year i really did explain the fuking derivatives (butterfly and stuff) very well and it was one of my strong areas and i got <50…so dissapointing

GIPS. From first word to last.

Kabaka Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > GIPS. From first word to last. I totally can not understand why those provisions with effective dates, periods (monthly, quarterly, annualy…) shall be tested ! Anyone can refer to them at any time if necessary !

alta168 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Kabaka Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > GIPS. From first word to last. > > I totally can not understand why those provisions > with effective dates, periods (monthly, quarterly, > annualy…) shall be tested ! Anyone can refer to > them at any time if necessary ! Then how can cfai filter the candidiates…