Difficultly of this Exam

Ok so I have been thinking how you can compare this exam to something and I came to this conclusion. In college (i’ve been out for about 3 yrs or so, so i kind of remember) I got all A’s at a decent college in all classes in the business school. I consider myself no genius but you know a pretty smart guy so I had to study to get those A but the most I ever study for a mid term or final was probably around 15-20 hrs maybe and I mostly got A’s on those exam. For this exam I put in probably 400 hrs and still am consistently scoring in the low 70s on exams. So if you do the math that’s 20 times harder and probably tack on another 10x or 20x times to go from the C to A level. Anyhow I guess that’s why getting through it is so rewarding. level iii for me has had to be the most difficult to study for, I’m having a tough a$$ time with it, but hopefully it works out. I’m not saying it is the most difficult exam we haven’t taken it yet but we will see who knows maybe they will throw us a batting practice meatball. Back to the books…

If you are scoring in the low 70s then you are doing very well, and will most likely pass. Everything is relative, man.

well i just got like a 65 on one of them which shattered my confidence and anyhow it has been stressful as he!!. anyway thanks.

you will be good. I never did good at school cause i played Everquest all day long

I always did well in school, because 1) I could figure out what they were going to test. 2) A couple trips to office hours when you really didn’t need it was probably worth an additional letter grade.

s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ok so I have been thinking how you can compare > this exam to something and I came to this > conclusion. In college (i’ve been out for about 3 > yrs or so, so i kind of remember) I got all A’s at > a decent college in all classes in the business > school. I consider myself no genius but you know a > pretty smart guy so I had to study to get those A > but the most I ever study for a mid term or final > was probably around 15-20 hrs maybe and I mostly > got A’s on those exam. For this exam I put in > probably 400 hrs and still am consistently scoring > in the low 70s on exams. So if you do the math > that’s 20 times harder and probably tack on > another 10x or 20x times to go from the C to A > level. Anyhow I guess that’s why getting through > it is so rewarding. level iii for me has had to > be the most difficult to study for, I’m having a > tough a$$ time with it, but hopefully it works > out. I’m not saying it is the most difficult exam > we haven’t taken it yet but we will see who knows > maybe they will throw us a batting practice > meatball. Back to the books… I am not sure if this is news to you, but undergradute grades pretty much mean nothing. I used to teach Engineering at the University of California and we were rarely allowed to give grades lower than “C”. They have a term for this “Grade inflation”. By the time I left, the average grade in most classes was probably high “B” or “A”, which is a total joke, how can the average be “Excellent” ?

that’s odd to hear about an engineering program.

I don’t think it’s limited to engineering, or business. It’s a whole culture where professors are under pressure to get good eveluations from their students. American students deal with their professors as “Service providers” … " I am paying your salary, so you better make me happy" … I hated this period in my life. Having to listen to dumb kids about how theire entire life they’ve “earned” A’s and now in my class they’re getting a “C” !! … The handbook definition of A level work is " Model perfect, can be used to show students what a perfect answer is … "

Also remember, NO ONE HAS EVER SCORED 100%!!!

I kinda of agree I mean undergrad grades me something but not much. But I don’t think the averages grades in any of my classes was close to an A or B, they did not hand out too many A’s. I knew the professor well and a bunch of students and only a handful got A’s. Now I think the problem lies in the C and D range where prof are weary of giving students a D but I still think that my prof did give out a couple D/F. But I do think college needs to get harder on grades, too many people get by not doing much. Anyhow the bigger problem lies in high school where teachers are basically required to give passing marks.

hoan0106 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you are scoring in the low 70s then you are > doing very well, and will most likely pass. > > Everything is relative, man. I agree, I’d be happy with 70’s. It’s not out of sight for me, but I’d be much more relaxed if I were scoring like that. All the same, the Level II = Hardest is now the biggest myth since Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

^WHAT, Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy are a Myth!!!

All depends on learning style and experience. I’m poor at memorization of formulas, which was much more of a burden on L2 than it will be on L3.

True, but many of the formulas were more intuitive than the attribution garbage or some of the nit picky crap that was on the 07 written exam.