Difficulty of Questions posted to AF

So I haven’t done any Schweser exams, nor done the CFAI practice exams. I do intend to take some of the CFAI practice exams once I finish my studies in the next few days. But I am a little curious as to the questions on the real exam versus the sampling of study questions that people post here on Analyst Forums. Eg, would people here agree that most of the sample questions posted here tend to be of the difficult variety, and that we shouldn’t expect the actual CFA exam to be filled with questions of this difficulty level? I’m just curious, because quite often when someone posts a question there is alot of disagreement to the answer, even amongst the group of people that really appear to know their stuff down cold.

i haven’t taken exams yet as i have not finished studying unfortunately. i want to take 3 from CFa plus I got some old schweser plus what I can get on AF :slight_smile:

i would agree the difficulty of questions posted here is generally higher… as those are the ones that people have trouble with…

I’d say the main shortcoming with problems posted here (and probably the reason some are posted) is many are poorly worded. CFAI questions are generally higher quality – if you read one and think the question is ambiguous, or two answers are inseparable, you probably don’t know the material. As we’ve seen that’s often not the case with some of the questions hitting the forums. The general “depth” of question is fairly comparable, and I’d expect a person to do similarly well on a collection of the posted questions as they’ll do on a cfai exam. >I’m just curious, because quite often when someone posts a question there is alot of disagreement to the answer, even amongst the group of people that really appear to know their stuff down cold. Not having done a scientific sample, but I’d say there’s usually convergence on the “correct” answer for most questions; at the same time for some the answer is clearly E. - crap question, move on.

I’m with DarienHacker - the questions that really suck usually confuse people so they get posted here. I think the ensuing discussions are still pretty valuable even if the conclusion is to bag it and move on.

Cool, thanks guys and gals.