Dinesh

Dinesh: The outpouring of support you’re getting is pretty impressive - I’ve seldom seen its like. That says a lot about the impact you’ve made on the forum. Failure sucks. There’s no two ways about it. If it didn’t suck (and hurt), winning wouldn’t be so sweet. My wife and I regularly argue this issue, because our 7 YO daughter takes failure very hard. She worries about our daughter, but I think it’s good, because it means she’ll have the will to win and succeed. It sounds like you do too. You bit off a big chunk - taking L1 in December and turning around to take L2 in June. Based on the obvious quality (and volume) of your postings, you clearly have a better grasp of the material than do the overwhelming majority of the group. In fact, if you could retake the exam 10x, I’d bet you pas 9/10. You’re also seem to be (unlike some on the forum who shall remain nameless) a class act and a good guy. Although most of us know you only as a screen name, you’re part of the AF (and L2) forum, and a big part at that. Right now, you’re dealing with the sting of failing, and from what I see, it’s not something you’ve had to deal with much. I’m sure once you get over the sting, you’ll re-up and end up nailing this thing. If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know (I know there’s a lot of us who feel the same way).

Hi Dinesh, You may remember me, you may not. I posted more for Level 1, but lurked during L2. I was absolutely gutted that you didn’t pass. I felt like you would definitely pass. But anyway, I think you know just as much as anyone, it may have just been a bad day to take the test. I don’t think you should give up, definitely go for it again. I wish you the best buddy. Take care, Dennis

Thanks friends for the constant support and motivation. I am very glad to know that you are here to support me for my L2 again. But I am brain-fried already and don’t want to take any nasty decision in haste. I still have time at hand till Sept (which is the 1st deadline), if I am able to do some good to my resume by then, I will surely register and linger around with all you guys. I think as the seniors always said, it’s not the knowledge that matters at L2; it’s the knowledge with an element of luck that plays a major role in doing the lock. Few wrong questions, few wrong vignettes and you lose the bet which just got doubled the money as each question is worth twice as much as it was at L1. So you doubly-gain or you doubly-lose eitherways. Even if I redo this, we have a solid core group which unfortunately did not also made their way to LIII. And re-studying for this should take no more than 3 months again. Also shocked to learn that so many of my penpals use to actually invest time in reading what junk I wrote at AF! This time around you will have much posts and knowledge-sharing from me. Till I register, I will invest more time on General Discussion forum and see you guys rock at L3. We have a wonderful geek squad at L3 and I feel this time CFAI would be like 96% PASS Rate for 09 @ L3. Thanks to each one of you from the bottom of my heart. Such golden friends are rare in this fast paced world. Keep up the spirits as always.

I lost L2 last year , which was a big shock to me, but then i thought that it will make me better learned when i prepare again and i moved with more spirit! so i have always believed that Whatever happens always happen for good!!! Now i will be in L3 forum