Direct Method....

This is with respect to EXAM… When calculating CFO…all the data will be given???or we have to calculate??like… for example… when calculating… Cash paid to suppliers = -COGS + decrease in Inventory + increase in accounts payable… So for this…we have to calculate “decrease in Inventory” and “increase in accounts payable” now … beginning inventory + purchases - COGS = ending inventory &&&& beginning accounts payable + purchases - cash paid to suppliers = ending accounts payable now here …Ending Inventory is current year’s “inventory”… and ending accounts payable is current year’s “account payable”… So my question is whether these values will be given or not??? thnx in advance

they should be. would be suprised if not

bcoz if they are not giving that…then there are lot of formulas …which need to be remember… thats why i asked…

i was told once that we might actually need to calculate from scratch, they will give you something like an excerpt of the annual report and you are told to calculate. however, it will be really nasty if they do.

I am worried about time…it would take too much time and its impossible to solve such kind of question in 90 secs…

Don’t worry about time or calculations too much. Most people - especially those who have done a few practice exams - are well on time. Bear in mind that the Schweser exams take longer than the real one. CFAI tends to be much more to the point. Talk to anyone who did the exam… you need the calculator a few times but way way way less than what you would expect if you look at the material. Questions tend to be more conceptual.