Discouraged Workers Projections?

Has anyone ever seen/done projection on the number (or % of population) of Discouraged Workers based on the unemployment rate, civilian labor force, GDP or other variables? I am using BLS’ definition here, per which Discouraged Workers are individuals who 1) are not in the labor force, 2) want and are available for work, 3) have looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months, 4) but are not currently looking for work because they believe no jobs are available for them. The data is available (on BLS website) through mid-1990s only, which makes it hard to analyze post-recession trends. I would like to project the number for the next 3-5 years, if possible – any thoughts/input is appreciated.

Gagas Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Has anyone ever seen/done projection on the number > (or % of population) of Discouraged Workers based > on the unemployment rate, civilian labor force, > GDP or other variables? I am using BLS’ definition > here, per which Discouraged Workers are > individuals who 1) are not in the labor force, 2) > want and are available for work, 3) have looked > for a job sometime in the prior 12 months, 4) but > are not currently looking for work because they > believe no jobs are available for them. The data > is available (on BLS website) through mid-1990s > only, which makes it hard to analyze > post-recession trends. I would like to project the > number for the next 3-5 years, if possible – any > thoughts/input is appreciated. I am an employed and discouraged worker does that count?