Discrimination? Or religious freedom?

See, you can do just fine with TaxCut! It doesn’t even need a prayer rug. But if you want someone who is going to make meaningful decisions for the team, would ya?

Yeah, I would have no problem with hiring a person who went willingly to a Sharia school if my conversations with them showed me they could contribute. What school they chose would not be my deciding factor. In fact a differing thought process is typically a positive. I’m not trying to foster groupthink. That being said, if the conversations revealed a stunted mentality that would be an issue (but one independent of the school the picked although you might argue it played a role in their choice). That being said, if you yourself have a different approach, fine. But society forcing you to hire those people is not a whole lot different from society forcing this school to alter their ideaologically based admissions.

But what we were really initially discussing is whether exclusion of a group from a religious private school based on beliefs should be treated as discrimination (illegal) in which case they would be forced to admit all groups against their beliefs or if it was religious freedom.

So the point we’re making is our approval or disapproval of their actions in some cases is not in itself a good reason to make something illegal and that forcing your views on someone in the interest of being tolerant is self defeating.