discussion of exam questions

hey, i tagged into another thread and asked about this, but no takers. anyway, what are the cfa regulations in terms of talking about the exam? maybe someone who didn’t write the last exam can answer… i honestly can’t remember. pretty sure you can’t reproduce them, but not sure if that extends to communicating about them (i.e. that economics question etc.). thanks in advance!!!

This is a pretty succinct description of AF’s tolerance and it’s conveniently posted as a sticky. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,700759 You might also review the ethics section of the curriculum for examples of violations, but I think “sharing” extends to discussion of exam questions on a web forum without too much imagination. There is, however, widespread abuse of the rule on here following every exam. I think folks get rightly banned for it, too. You’re welcome to take a shot at joining that elite club.

> You might also review the ethics section of the > curriculum for examples of violations, but I think > “sharing” extends to discussion of exam questions > on a web forum without too much imagination. There > is, however, widespread abuse of the rule on here > following every exam. I think folks get rightly > banned for it, too. You’re welcome to take a shot > at joining that elite club. thanks for the link… but what’s with the hostility of the last line?.. the fact i ask about it probably means i care about more than alot of other people. and i didn’t take part in much of the discussion following the exam.

also, i was asking about CFA’s regulations, not AF’s regulations (although they are useful too)

I’m not hostile; I mean you no harm. I am pretty surprised that anyone who has studied the curriculum would post the question you did though. (The assumption being that you’ve opened the books at some point.) It paints you as shockingly uninformed, a representation which could have been prevented by doing a quick search, consulting common sense, or cracking the curriculum and taking a gander for yourself. So, while I don’t mean to be harsh, I do urge you to consider figuring out some of the simpler dos-and-donts on your own. Folks are lot more forgiving about questions on actual content, like asking what a current asset is on the L2 forum three days before the exam. I hope this helps.

seerwright Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m not hostile; I mean you no harm. > > I am pretty surprised that anyone who has studied > the curriculum would post the question you did > though. (The assumption being that you’ve opened > the books at some point.) It paints you as > shockingly uninformed, a representation which > could have been prevented by doing a quick search, > consulting common sense, or cracking the > curriculum and taking a gander for yourself. > > So, while I don’t mean to be harsh, I do urge you > to consider figuring out some of the simpler > dos-and-donts on your own. Folks are lot more > forgiving about questions on actual content, like > asking what a current asset is on the L2 forum > three days before the exam. > > I hope this helps. You could have told him the exact same thing without the smart ass remark and w/o sounding condescending. I hope you pass level 2, cause I would hate to see what you sound like when you’re bitter.

LOL, no hostility there!

Ha. That wasn’t condescending, it was a little on the smart ass side though. I do think there are a lot of posts on here that wouldn’t actually get posted if the would-be authors just did a quick search or stopped and really thought about what they’re about to post. I also think the tolerance goes way up for actual content. But, condescending or not, since I’m such a nice guy, I’ll apologize to Westbruin for anything he thought was overkill and/or completely unjustified. No offense intended, I hope you’ll forgive me, Westbruin. And if you took L2, you have my sincerest hope that you passed. Good luck tomorrow.