Distasteful?

Would it be inappropriate to ask the question of how many candidates you’re looking at during an interview? I might consider asking (I just want to know out of how many folks I’m competing against) for this PE FoF place.

Not at all. Ask away. Also ask if they are interviewing internally. If they are, you are screwed.

Agree with Muddahudda, ask away.

I always ask… 1) How many candidates are you interviewing for this position 2) Are there internal candidates being considered for the position 3) At the end of the interview, I ALWAYS ask what doubts/concerns if any would you have as a potential candidate to fill this position. A good prep is knowing where you may be considered weak and always have a rebuttal/reason. I always had response from this one

Thanks IH8FSA I Heart FSA? (are you pursuing your actuarial designations?) I’ll surely ask those questions at the end.

adalfu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I Heart FSA? (are you pursuing your actuarial > designations?) I Hate FSA. I heart FSA would be: I<3FSA

It is distasteful and you’ll sound like a whiner.

IH8FSA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I always ask… > > 1) How many candidates are you interviewing for > this position > > 2) Are there internal candidates being considered > for the position > > 3) At the end of the interview, I ALWAYS ask what > doubts/concerns if any would you have as a > potential candidate to fill this position. A good > prep is knowing where you may be considered weak > and always have a rebuttal/reason. I always had > response from this one I strongly agree. Part of an interview is the close. If you are a closer at the interview, it will reflect that you are a closer in the position. Remember, ABC. But really, ask if the interview has any concerns thus far, and tell the interviewer that you are very interested with the position and impressed with everything you’ve been told about it and the company.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > adalfu Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I Heart FSA? (are you pursuing your actuarial > > designations?) > > I Hate FSA. > > I heart FSA would be: I<3FSA Lol… doh! obviously “h8” hate… ahhh; i’m retarded.

If the guy you’re interviewing with is a geeky/intellectual type then I wouldn’t whine. If he’s a salesman, then show your stuff… nag and whine all you want. My neighbor is a college professor. She’s been teaching for decades. She said that students now will come to her office to talk about grades (as opposed to talking about stuff they don’t understand). There is a line that has been crossed. You don’t nag/whine with the person that is evaluating you. Have some respect for yourself and the process.