dividend treatment under consolidation and prop consolidaiton

I believe they’re ignored on I/S just like under equity method. What about balance sheet? Ignored too?

I do not believe you reflect a dividend payment in either consolidation methods. You have consolidated the statements, so the dividend is an outflow from the earnings on your statements now. That’s just my thought. Anyone?

i dont think dividends are on I/S for equity, consolidation and prop consolidation…

yseric Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i dont think dividends are on I/S for equity, > consolidation and prop consolidation… Right. They’re ignored on all three. For equity method, they are subtracted from the equity line item. What is the deal on consolidation/prop consolidation?

I asked this exact same question earlier today - you should search. For consolidation and prop. consolidating, the dividends are essentially considered intracompany transactions, so they do not figure in to your calculations at any point.

dividends received reduces the investment line item on the balance sheet under the equity method: Equity Investment Beginning + Share of NI - Share of dividends - Amortization of excess of fair value of PPE = Equity Investment End Ignored on income statement for all