DJing/Promoting as Work Experience

I like the looks of those. Definitely going to be checking these sets out when I get home from work. I notice you got some Angello and Mylo in there. I loved a lot of their mixes and productions a few years back, but have heard virtually none of their stuff since, which I should probably be kicking myself for. I take it they’re still pretty sick these days… have their sounds evolved at all? Ribcage is such a great track. Dubfire is heavy in my rotation right now.

Thanks. Yeah, Dubfire producing more music on his own instead of as part of Deep Dish has worked out really well. I saw Dubfire play a couple of months ago actually and he delivered the dark techno sound that people were expecting. Lawler and Fanciulli were also in the lineup so the tunes being dropped all night were awesome. I haven’t really followed Angelo or Mylo lately myself, so I’m not too familiar with what they’re up to. I guess that I’ve gotten so caught up with techno the past while that I’m losing touch with the melodic and vocal stuff (you’ll notice that some of the tracks on the longer set are not very club friendly). I still listen to everything I get my hands on but the dark, hypnotic Digweed sound will always be my favourite.

parsons Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks. Yeah, Dubfire producing more music on his > own instead of as part of Deep Dish has worked out > really well. I saw Dubfire play a couple of > months ago actually and he delivered the dark > techno sound that people were expecting. Lawler > and Fanciulli were also in the lineup so the tunes > being dropped all night were awesome. > > I haven’t really followed Angelo or Mylo lately > myself, so I’m not too familiar with what they’re > up to. I guess that I’ve gotten so caught up with > techno the past while that I’m losing touch with > the melodic and vocal stuff (you’ll notice that > some of the tracks on the longer set are not very > club friendly). I still listen to everything I > get my hands on but the dark, hypnotic Digweed > sound will always be my favourite. Totally agree about Dubfire/Deep Dish. What a remarkable switch for him, and like you said, its clearly working. Since seemingly 80% of this board is from Canada, I’m assuming the Lawler/Dubfire/Fanciulli party you’re referring to was Canada Day at Guvernment? If not, then the rest of this post is probably meaningless, so I’m hoping I’m right. I’m from New York and living currently in Maryland, so I’ve never been up there, but I read about that party, and from what I was seeing that seemed like an incredible night. Dubfire and Lawler, geez, I can hardly imagine a better recipe for a night out. I am not familiar with Fanciulli but also heard that he was really tearing it up as well. Did you make it up to the roof? Weren’t Lawler/Dubfire spinning together til like 9 AM? Craziness. Saw a video of them ending with Inner City - Big Fun (Simian Mobile Disco Remix)… now I can’t get enough of that song, haha. As far as minimal tech–when I was in Europe (see previous post), my friends and I found out about this ridiculous club in Berlin, and we were fortunate enough that during one of the few days we were in the city, they had this all-day long party with the entire Minus record label. Went from 10 AM Sunday to 8 AM Monday. Suffice it to say I wasn’t there for the entirety of the event, but for the part that I was, it was an awesome time.