Do IB analysts get a blackberry??

More specifically, I’m talking about first year analysts, in a big bank, in Canada…

RIM is a Canayjun company, so the answer is “of course!”

They are the worst. 24/7 work.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They are the worst. > 24/7 work. Hence fondly referred to as the " Crackberry "

ibank Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > More specifically, I’m talking about first year > analysts, in a big bank, in Canada… Trust me, this should be a major issue for you in deciding who to work for. If it’s not, your priorities are screwed up.

HoldSideAnalyst: Thanks. It’s one of those dealbreakers. After all, it’s not like I can go to the local store and just buy one for myself :wink:

to answer your question…yes.

yeah, and it’s not a good thing dude. makes you on call 24/7

let him think it makes him cool…the novelty will wear off with the first 11pm email that says his MD needs something by 7am.

My brickbreaker high is 8850.

haha, i know. when i worked at an independant, i had one…i was also told to leave the profile setting on “loud” when i went to bed. god forbid i was unreachable at 4am. let’s be honest though, the job itselft is a 24/7 job. it’s not the crackberry’s fault. if anything, it means i’m not chained to a desk 24/7.

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My brickbreaker high is 8850. I’m not going to post mine because it’s nothing special, but come on, that’s just pathetic.

Are you serious? I put my heart and soul into that run. I have nothing now.

Sorry. I’m around 25,000, but that’s not even the high in the office. I’ve heard (but not seen) of scores north of 100,000.