DO NOT USE ELAN GUIDES

Dear All Level 1 Candidates,

I am a Level 2 Candidate sitting in June.

I am going to make this post nice and short. DO NOT USE ELAN GUIDES. Their customer service is AWFUL and I still have not recieved all my materials even though the exam is in 2 months.

Enjoy your studying

Providence believes this so strongly that he posted it four times.

Five, actually.

(I deleted the other four.)

^ it was by accident

No worries.

I agree their customer services leave a lot to be desired, but just a few months ago you wrote under a thread you titled “Elan Notes are SO DANG GOOD”…

“Let me tell you… having struggled with CFAI books for 3-4 months… ELAN is a walk in the park and is so damn enjoyable to read… I HIGHLY reccomend using it. Also, the practice questions that supplement the book are extremely helpful and spot on to what will be seen on the exam.”

Your thoughts have changed that much? I actually bought some Elan stuff on the recommendations in that same thread (and others). I’ve been disappointed with their timeliness, too, but I guess I’m more patient than most. I will be upset if they don’t get their mock exams out before the end of March (as they’ve told me twice via email).

I’m dissapointed with elan as well

Thank god, i was tossing up between Elan and Schweser for the December Level 1 Exam a while back. Chose Schweser in the end.

They sold the company to John Wiley and Sons

I agree… I initially signed up because they had Peter Olinto (I liked him for the CPA), and I heard great things via this board… . But after a littany of technical issues, I demanded a refund.

Perhaps their material is good, but the delievery is terible at best. No customer service… I dropped them and since using Passedtense and CFA professional material.

Dear all CFA candidates ,

I think schweser is good and 80% of the candidates use scheweser only . Their delivery is good and the material is also praised by all . So you all can try and use this .

Thanks…