Do you bit

So I just clicked on all 5 advertising links above the forum menu, just trying to swing a bit of dough Chad’s way. But then I was wondering, does he get paid per click or only if I actually went on and bought something? If the former, then Chad you are at least $0.004 richer my man

I wondered does the maths written on the chalk board in the advert above make sense to any one! Or is it just gibberish

What doesn’t make sense is putting an “s” at the end of “math”.

When you are referring to “math” using the full term, do you write mathematic or mathematics? Oh they use math in the US you say? Well how could the British language possibly be correct if it’s different than the US…

I hate it when I visit my relatives in Canada and I keep forgetting to pronounce the U in colour, labour, LIBOUR, etc… I can understand the reason for maths, though. There is a mathematics of geometry, a mathematics of topology, a mathematics of functions, a mathematics of counting (i.e. Arithmetic). I still say I took math classes, but I understand the logic behind the term “maths”. After all, I also studied physics, not physic.

bchadwick Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I hate it when I visit my relatives in Canada and > I keep forgetting to pronounce the U in colour, > labour, LIBOUR, etc… > > I can understand the reason for maths, though. > There is a mathematics of geometry, a mathematics > of topology, a mathematics of functions, a > mathematics of counting (i.e. Arithmetic). I still > say I took math classes, but I understand the > logic behind the term “maths”. After all, I also > studied physics, not physic. LIBOUR? London Interbank Offe-u-r (?) Rate? Anyway, once you think about it, it does make more sense to say “maths” rather than “math”, since people study “mathematics”, not “mathematic”.

“bchadwick makes too many generalizations” = correct “bchadwick makes too many generalizs” = incorrect End of discussion.

iheartiheartmath Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > “bchadwick makes too many generalizations” = > correct > “bchadwick makes too many generalizs” = incorrect > > End of discussion. i’ve had a couple drinks, but even if i hadn’t i still don’t think i would know what you’re trying to say here

Do folk in the US study physic? Go figure.

fine, i’ll concede the maths point if people will stop saying quants. the study session isn’t called quantitatives methods, so please just call it quant

Quants = portmanteau of QUANTitative methodS