Do you count time on AF as "study time"?

Thinking about this. If I’m on this site for 2 hours, is that 2 hours of studying? or, not Thnks

AF was a valuable resource during my candidacy, but this was due as much to its entertainment value as to its merits as a test preparation resource. When AF is at its best, I think it offers these qualities: 1. A good laugh 2. Helpful responses to specific questions 3. A community for what is otherwise a long, difficult and lonely process 4. High-level advice regarding preparation and test-taking strategies That being said, my opinion is that the candidates spending a lot of time on AF and considering it quality study time will likely have test results consistent with the majority of candidates.

thks hiredguns1. I got to thinking about it because I’m trying to do a set number of study hours (300, no more or less) and feel constantly drawn to check this site. Find myself on here for at least 45 min. at a time. I feel like I learn a lot reading these posts. Sometimes I go back and re-read problems that I’ve already done where someone asks question, to see if I can explain. Helps me to think more about the material. Agree with your assessment!

It depends on how you use the time… If you spend the time picking out threads that entertain you without offering any kind of value in return, it’s not going to be of much help. Aside from the moral support and sense of community that AF provides, there is a great deal of value to be gained from trying to provide correct answers and explanations for many of the more difficult questions that posted on the forum. The topics that people have problems with (and ask about on AF) are obviously going to be some of the more difficult items on the exam. Thinking through the more difficult questions and trying to teach the material to others will GREATLY enhance your understanding and retention of the topics. If you can master the material to the point where you can correctly answer and explain almost anything that comes up on this forum, you will dominate the exam.

Nopes, I come here to read GD and laugh a bit.

McLeod81 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It depends on how you use the time… If you > spend the time picking out threads that entertain > you without offering any kind of value in return, > it’s not going to be of much help. > > Aside from the moral support and sense of > community that AF provides, there is a great deal > of value to be gained from trying to provide > correct answers and explanations for many of the > more difficult questions that posted on the forum. > The topics that people have problems with (and > ask about on AF) are obviously going to be some of > the more difficult items on the exam. Thinking > through the more difficult questions and trying to > teach the material to others will GREATLY enhance > your understanding and retention of the topics. > > If you can master the material to the point where > you can correctly answer and explain almost > anything that comes up on this forum, you will > dominate the exam. +1

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McLeod81 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > It depends on how you use the time… If you > > spend the time picking out threads that > entertain > > you without offering any kind of value in > return, > > it’s not going to be of much help. > > > > Aside from the moral support and sense of > > community that AF provides, there is a great > deal > > of value to be gained from trying to provide > > correct answers and explanations for many of > the > > more difficult questions that posted on the > forum. > > The topics that people have problems with (and > > ask about on AF) are obviously going to be some > of > > the more difficult items on the exam. Thinking > > through the more difficult questions and trying > to > > teach the material to others will GREATLY > enhance > > your understanding and retention of the topics. > > > > If you can master the material to the point > where > > you can correctly answer and explain almost > > anything that comes up on this forum, you will > > dominate the exam. > > +1 +2

Agree with the sentiments above, but I do not count it as study time.

Interesting to read other people’s thoughts. I often turn to AF when I don’t feel like studying… I read how other people are progressing and I rapidly get some motivation to hit the books a bit harder!