Do you feel more productive wfh?

Do you all feel more productive working from home now that we have spent a substantial amount of time working from home or you preferred working at your desk at work?

We can analyze nuances until the cows come home, and I’m sure many would disagree, but to me it isn’t about just “being productive.” I’m looking to maximize how far I can make it in this industry, and I’m sorry to say, that is just a much harder thing to do from home.

As Jamie Dimon said, “Remote work…doesn’t work for those who want to hustle.”

Despite all of the talk emerging during the pandemic from wallflowers that have seized the current environment as a moment of triumph, let me ask this…once some corpus of society gets back into the office, who is in a better position to get promoted, the analyst who is having lunch with his boss 3-4 times a week, or the guy enjoying “work/life balance” that the boss never sees in person? Are the key assignments going to the employee who is right there that the boss can yell over to in 2 seconds, or to the remote employee that the boss needs to wait to be available over the instant messaging platform with the spotty internet connection? And to all those who are repulsed by my suggestions, insisting that we are on the verge of a new paradigm, let me further suggest that 8 out of 10 bosses probably fall into Dimon’s “hustler” category, so they’ll most likely be in the office. Wondering where you are.

Folks don’t need to like facts for them to be true…

2 Likes

It obv is a broader discussion and most of these facts are spot on! the brand value that one creates working with in a company for 4-5 years or more is more meaningful than ever. I relocated to the UK and started a new job last year in the midst of the pandemic and needless to say, it is extremely difficult to network with people virtually.

1 Like

Household income doubled last year and is on track to triple this year, so I’d say we are pretty “productive” working from home from a dollars per hour perspective.

If you are trying to climb the corporate ladder, facetime could still be important depending on how outgoing you are. If you are not interacting with people proactively while WFH then you could get lost in the mix.

switch to tech and enjoy WFH

i love wfh. la office is closed so its permanent for me! im scared of getting laid off though. ngl. but if i do. i’ll just raid my 401k or move back in with my parents… with my fiance

Real alphas aren’t scared of layoffs.
IMO I am more productive I wfh.
But I do miss lunches and breaks with my collègues

1 Like

lol i aint no alpha then. need more monies to have confidence