do you guys feeling confidant of passing

as of now still i dont feel comfortable… rather dont feel confidant… what about you guys??

You never feel confident. I’m a retaker and I still don’t feel confident.

Not as such…I did a Schweser exam yesterday and came out with 52%…some more or less likely" questions which I was 50/50 on, I managed to go the wrong way …frustrating! " If you are making the effort to study, surely it is too early to have a view…I am sure I will be more confident in December than I am now.

i am less confident now than I was a month ago.

right now, no. in a month, why not?

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You never feel confident. I’m a retaker and I > still don’t feel confident. I’m also re-taking the exam and I feel the same way. I’m currently working on FSA on my re-study efforts and still have a lot to get done in not much time (6-7 weeks!) which worries me. November is going to be busy, busy month with 40+ hours a week of studying.

Re-taker and very little confidence. Just took a 120Q exam (Ethics, Quant, Econ, FSA, & FI) in Qbank and received a 75% but felt like I was going to get a 40%. We still have several weeks left to cover the material and review so we should be okay, but I don’t think I will every be confident until I see Level I: Pass. Then move to Level II and back to no confidence. Like mapierce said “November is going to be busy.”

Also a retaker… and freaking out! I guess it’s normal. We feel we HAVE to pass it this time… and the pressure is ON. Just trying to reread everything, and starting nov 1st, only practice questions and exams…

Me too a retaker…quants and equities are my weak areas. as of now just reading everything and will start practice questions from 1st nov. Hoping to feel confident a month from now.

Retaker here…I’m through SS14, took a practice exam over material covered and got 72%. Not bad, but left a lot of easy questions on the table. I’m planning on being down with ~3 weeks set aside for review. Hopefully, that will leave enough time to re-read those areas I’m weak. The wife and kids are killing me though.

as a retaker - what do you think was your biggest downfall in the exam?

I do not feel confident at all…still 2 books to go (but the one about alternative derivatives is easy) Still a long way to the exam (and some days off coming, hope it will help)

approaching_c Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > right now, no. in a month, why not? Because you will never feel like there is enough time for preparation or that you know the information well enough. It’s just so much information, and the test is a kick in the nuts. After L1 in June, I felt about 2/3 confidence that I passed. When I saw PASS on the screen 8 weeks later I finally felt okay. I’m sure I’ll feel even worse after L2 (no matter how I do) as I’ll have an extra 4 weeks to think about it before I get the results.

What are your chances if you score 70%, is that good enough to pass? I know they use weighted averages but i recon someone who scores 70% on the amount of work covered deserves a pass. Why dont they split the level 1 exam into two sections like 1a and 1b, that way you have enough time to really understand the work and get to enjoy it. I feel this whole 6 months and the amount of work is way too hectic, and not really that enjoyable. My 2 cents.

Reineir Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What are your chances if you score 70%, is that > good enough to pass? I know they use weighted > averages but i recon someone who scores 70% on the > amount of work covered deserves a pass. > > Why dont they split the level 1 exam into two > sections like 1a and 1b, that way you have enough > time to really understand the work and get to > enjoy it. I feel this whole 6 months and the > amount of work is way too hectic, and not really > that enjoyable. > > My 2 cents. They don’t use a WAVG. If they say FSA is going to be 30% of the exam, they mean it will be 30% of the questions. A 70% should be good enough to pass. Unless I’m mistaken, the Institute uses the Angoff Method to determine the minimum acceptable passing grade. As for the amount of information in one exam, I would assume that it weeds out people who really aren’t dedicated.

yes, i suppose your right…dedication. What you put in, is what you get out…hopefully

Would you guys say that schweser practice questions are harder or easier than the actually exam?

Vol 1 is the same, Vol 2 is much harder. QBank is kinda a joke.

i was getting 80% in schweser qbank and book 6, high 70s in cfa sample and mock i passed the june exam with >70% in all but AI at no point did i ever feel confident about passing the exam. i was certain that i failed up until the day i received the results.

It’s day to day for me. Some days I feel like things are really coming together and I’ll pass with flying colors, but others I feel like I have no chance. So… I try not to think about it too much and just focus on learning. I am really looking forward to taking a practice exam though just to see at least some payoff for all of this time. 2600 pages down, about 400 to go, then review time!