Do you put CFA Level III candidate on Linkedin?

Is this a common thing to do among Level 3 candidates? I have never done it for any of the previous levels…

I did…

https://www.cfainstitute.org/community/social/Pages/profile.aspx

http://www.300hours.com/articles/maximize-your-cfa-status-on-your-cv#.WBslY_6Qzcs

I did…

The real question is…

…why not?

Where do you list it?

I see a lot of people who also put it in their header/on current status, e.g. besides their current job. According to CFA institute you can only put it in the education section and not in the header when you are a candidate right?

Yes absolutely see your ethics book Standard VII B tells you exactly how to list that on Linked-In.

Yeah, it should only be listed in the education section right?

You, are correct, list the it in the education section of Linked-In.

Didn’t realize it couldn’t be in the certifications section until completed… interesting

I did/do…but don’t expect recruiters knocking on your door and salivating over it.

if you are legit, defn list it.

plenty of recruiters will note down pursuing CFA candidacy as a side bonus. and if it’s down to the wire between final 2 candidates, the CFA status could nudge you over

I question the intelligence of anyone who wouldn’t, to be honest. There is really no advantageous reason to NOT include on a resume or LinkedIn that you are a candidate for Level 2 or 3 CFA exams. Like it’s not like a hiring manager is looking at your resume/cover letter, and enjoying it, and then comes to CFA Level 3 candidate (assuming it’s relevant to job, ie. finance position) and says “well now I definitely don’t want to interview him - why would he have included that on his resume?!?” …

Because they think CFA stands for Chartered Financial Accountant in the UK…just saying :wink: When I worked at a Broker/Dealer I asked if I could have the CFA designation after my name, the compliance officer said we couldn’t have “Chartered Financial Accountant” designation after my name. Least to say they were a bit surprised when a lowly “financial consultant/broker” actually had the CFA designation. I was able to place it after my name on my business card. Whew, after all that work!

When I was a Level 3 candidate, I put on my resume, under the summary section the following: CFA Level III Candidate with experience in XYZ looking for a challenging and rewarding position in ABC…

Now that I passed the exams with about 3 years of qualified experience, how should I amend this section?

Anyone knows??

Currently, this section looks like the following. Is this the correct way to put it?

CFA Level III Passed with experience in XYZ looking for a challenging and rewarding position in ABC…