Do you take off from work to study?

+2

+7 (one per day of the week)

Had that happen in May 2 years ago… I decided to bite the bullet and study 20+ hour weeks in addition to working 50% more hours… I literally ended up sick and had to drop work (sick days) but ended up passing anyways (probably thanks to that.)

No time off for me. I’m from the school of thought that my work output is more important than CFA.

Then why take the exams?

^ Good point.

So my request for time off has been rejected. I am already killing myself staying 3 hours after work to study, I needed that week off to relax a little on bang out practice papers. I’m now to going to have to come in early to study as well as staying late. My gf is going to kill me when I tell her.

My colleague has resigned and I am the next most experienced person and cannot have time off until we get a replacement. What BS!!

She’ll understand. And if she doesn’t, dump her.

I was staying late/studying on weekends while my wife was at home with our almost-2-year old and she was 7 months pregnant with our second. I’m not trying to one-up you, but just trying to say that if she can’t handle not seeing you for a couple of weeks, then she’s probably not really long-term material. Just my .02.

^I see what you’re saying greenie, women are irrational creatures though. She will probably go nuts at first and then be cool with it later. Just sucks as i’m literally going to be waking up at 5am, study, work, study, then go home to sleep at around 11pm.

I don’t know how fathers that only see their kids on weekends do it, I don’t think I could face never being around.

will take a week of leave plus the weekend before this would give seven days straight - hammer seven exams and pass this baby!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but that sounds about right for this time of year (4:40am for me). You take it where you can get it.