Do you take off from work to study?

I think one month of job leave before the exam is fine enough to take the exam in proper manner. Be it Level 1 , Level 2 or Level 3 . Secondly if you have already taken the exam once before then 2 weeks of preparation is sufficient . You can take 2 weeks or 1 week off from work and prepare for the exam.

Thanks…

I think one month of job leave before the exam is fine enough to take the exam in proper manner. Be it Level 1 , Level 2 or Level 3 . Secondly if you have already taken the exam once before then 2 weeks of preparation is sufficient . You can take 2 weeks or 1 week off from work and prepare for the exam.

Thanks…

Thanks…

2 weeks off before the exam, 1 week study leave, 1 week holiday.

Always a total ball ache to get this approved at work but i find it absolutely essential and much more valuable than any course, secret sauce book and all that stuff

CFA you can’t just cram alone but you still need to cram in the final few weeks, or I do at least

…but in the real world, one week should suffice. I’m taking a week of vacay in the beginning of June.

Initially I was planning a month off for June exam but now I think one week is enough for level 1, may increase to 2 weeks for 2 and 3.

Got a week of bonus vacation for passing the UFE (Chartered Accountant); using it to take the week before level 1 off…cruel world I tell you.

Last year, I took the week off before the exam. It was very beneficial to me. Didn’t stress over work. Got on a much better sleep schedule (i.e. i wasn’t up to 1:00 a.m. studying since i had the entire week to prepare). This year, I asked my boss (the only charterholder in our firm, so he knows the struggle, and one of the managing principals) if I could take the week on company time versus spending vacation days. He’s allowing me to do so… I feel pretty fortunate to have a boss like that. If the workload isn’t too bad, he doesn’t have a problem with me closing my office door and studying the whole day, either.

If you’ve been preparing regularly for several months, you don’t need an entire month off. As mentioned above, 2 weeks is more than enough to take off.

A month off of work to study? Really?

I’m hoping to get 4 days off . . .

1 week off from everything except the exam at every level. CPA no comparison.

there’s a large asset manager in the uk that gives all employees 4 weeks off before CFA exams as standard.

apparently they do it to ensure that everyone gets through on the 1st attempt… people still fail though

planning on 2 weeks off this time.

That’s pressure. I rather just take vacation time and not tell anyone.

It depends upon person to person . If you really feel like taking a week off you can take it . You are the best judge of your capacity .

A week off is plenty of time. I do think taking some time off is beneficial.

The worse is not taking time off and having your boss working you overtime a few days before the exam because business is picking up or coworkers are sick. Don’t take the risk. Just take the week from your vacation time.

i always took the last week off. i feel like it helped tremendously.

^ +1