DOABLE?

I need your opinion: So I have finally finished reading through all schweser material and half way done reading the secret sauce as a review (reflecting back to books when the sauce is not clear on topics) and doing Schweser Session exams from the CD right after. Plan is to finish the secret sauce and review by end of tuesday then start doing practice exam and memorizign formulas… I do have the next three weeks off as I finished my contract and can now fully concentrate on CFA … Do you think I can do it and pass this bad boy???

absolutely… there’s plenty of time…and with three weeks off…you could put in some serious hours!

If I remember right you run an accouting firm and went through the L2 process last year. Yeah you can still pull it off.

totally… seriously lock yourself away and hit it non stop… you can do it!! 3 weeks off is great!

Go for it N. Van. Good luck. One thing I learned from last year: the last month is the most important in preparing for this thing. I am off to Vancouver and Salt Spring Island in early July. I love BC.

With three full works off I would think that you have a good chance. Good luck.

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Go for it N. Van. Good luck. One thing I learned > from last year: the last month is the most > important in preparing for this thing. > > I am off to Vancouver and Salt Spring Island in > early July. I love BC. Make sure you get a chance to go Victoria. They have some breathtaking places - I fell in love with Victoria last time I went.

Victoria is gorgeous. I went to Vancouver for a conference in May of 2002 and got a chance to go to Victoria. The Garden is so beautiful there …

you have done as much as i have and i have 10 more days of work than you. I think i will pass so you should think the same.

goes to eleven Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Go for it N. Van. Good luck. One thing I learned > from last year: the last month is the most > important in preparing for this thing. > > I am off to Vancouver and Salt Spring Island in > early July. I love BC. We’ll try and keep this good weather for you until then! If you are going to SS on a Friday remember to reserve a spot for the Ferry if you are driving…boats are sold out (pre sold) by about 2 in the afternoon on those days. @ N Van Candidate…definitely you can do it!..3 weeks, no work, you’ll be golden on the 7th

Personally, I believe anyone who’s already read the material at this point has a shot. And I’m pessimistic. To be honest, I’m starting to believe that the L2 may just be above my mental capabilities. I feel like I may just not have enough mental capacity to store this knowledge, so for people who’ve already done their readings its just an issue I guess of who studied more and who has better ability to retain massive amounts of information. I’m really beginning to doubt my ability to match the second aspect.

Black Swan, you are a very capable person and I would bet on you passing Level II in June. There is a lot of material and it’s easy to get discouraged but we should stick to studying and keep going. You can do it!

Black Swan, everyone is different but the sheer mass of information at this level is why they say over and over to do “practice tests”…at Level 2 the first test is to get you familiar with the vingette style, the rest are really for drilling the essential concepts into your brain. If you’ve read the material then gear down and do question after question until the basics become easier and the impossible stuff becomes almost mechanical. You’ve got 3 weeks as of tonite to do as many questions and review that you can handle and when you get something wrong, spend time to really go over the answer, I’ve probably learned more from wrong questions than from any amount of reading. (just my 0.02)

Black Swan/fellow chiquita (I think), I feel the exact same way about this thing. I’ve done the once read through but I feel that even though there’s still time I just won’t be able to make it this time. I’m not in the same spot I was for Level 1 but I’m not going to stop trying because damned if I have to write it again with new editions/additions/materials!

black swan - chiquita… lol!!

the secrets out, i’m the schweser girl

i have her email address if anybody wants it…

mumu…don’t you dare

but thanks for the screenprints

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Personally, I believe anyone who’s already read > the material at this point has a shot. And I’m > pessimistic. To be honest, I’m starting to > believe that the L2 may just be above my mental > capabilities. I feel like I may just not have > enough mental capacity to store this knowledge, so > for people who’ve already done their readings its > just an issue I guess of who studied more and who > has better ability to retain massive amounts of > information. I’m really beginning to doubt my > ability to match the second aspect. Hey. didn’t see this earlier. you know this is bullsh*t and it doesn’t suit you. now press on. now issue number 2: what is this chiquita thing?? LOL!!