Document Certification in Canada

Does anyone know if possessing the CFA designation allows you to certify documents in Canada?

All acountants that have the CA, CMA and CGAs are allowed to certify documents provided to the Government, such as photos for passports etc.

Other professional designations such as Mechanic Enginner, Lawyers and Laywers are also allowed similar to Accounting designations.

Anyone know?

Actually, I wanted to know myself, so I called Service Canada; the rep said only the designations listed are the ones eligible. :S

so i guess the answer is NO?

Yes, the answer is no

That sucks when they allow CMA and CGAs to sign documents. What a bummmer.