Does anyone apply their membership yet?

Should I apply the membership along with the Level 3 registration? In my case, I registered Level 3 already. For the work experience section, I just put a very belief description on it, which I believe it does not meet the investment decision making process. My work experience is now put and saved on my membership application and waiting for sposner review. Does anyone know how I can amend my job description? Thanks a lot guys.

I am also pretty confused with this hole membership thing.

me too!!! I don’t know whether I should apply it before the exam or after? And I found that once you put your work experience into the application, you cannot edit it…

well i dont think the work exp you put while registering for the level 3 automatically goes for membership application or does it? i thought our application is not complete unless we send two sponsors form to the CFA? Can someone explain how this works? i am completely confused…

You can edit it in the profile section. Personally, I don’t want to apply now, but it seems as if we have to do it when trying to register for the Level 3 exam, so… man@hk Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > me too!!! > > I don’t know whether I should apply it before the > exam or after? > > And I found that once you put your work experience > into the application, you cannot edit it…

I applied (and got accepted). I figured that it would simplify things later on if I already had my work experiences approved, and my sponsors done, plus my company will pay for the membership, so why not? weirdo, you have to have 2 sponsors, but only one must be a CFAI member. The other is your supervisor.

What happens if you do not know anybody in the CFA local society?

golfer Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What happens if you do not know anybody in the CFA > local society? I think if you contact the society, they will find someone to serve as your sponsor.

I’d like to apply for the CFA institure membership but I am confuse as hell. I just spoke to the local society (Atlanta) and here is what I could gather. - It is not required to be a member of CFA institute to register and sit for level 3 exam. - You can wait till you pass level 3 and then apply for the membership in the CFA institute. - You can apply for the membership in the CFA institute when you want to use the charter designation. - When you apply for the membership in the CFA institute, it requires you to have two sponsors; which forces you to get a membership in the local CFA society (as the local society is the only source of sponsors). - If you do not have sponsors, your local society helps you secure the sponsors.

I think that it is true that you do not have to be a member for you to take Level III. I guess that it just facilitates the process for you if you pass Level III. Of course, if nobody is going to pay for your membership like me, you might want to postpone your application.