Does anyone else here think..

that the last reading in FSA is the best in the entire curriculum so far and wish the entire test was based solely on that chapter?

If only I was far enough in the curriculum to think things like that…

Guys, wait until you hit the Commodity and Hedge Fund readings in the Alt. Inv. module : )

Which one is that? I don’t have my curriculum with me.

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > that the last reading in FSA is the best in the > entire curriculum so far and wish the entire test > was based solely on that chapter? I just started it yesterday - liking it more than the prior 2 readings.

Yea, it is pretty intereesting. It’s really on application, and Olinto kills it

Damn I just got done with the second reading for Corporate. You guys are going to have like 2.5 months for review! Good job.

You’re asking a CFA forum if we think??

ditchdigger2CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You’re asking a CFA forum if we think?? +1 on the other note, yea. After reading through all this FSA, i was glad to find something useful :P.

It took me about 4 hours (with a few breaks here and there) but I made it through pension accounting and think I have a pretty good handle on it. Very glad that I actually work on pension plans (though not accounting for them) or else it would have taken even longer. Yikes. Seems I have something to look forward to…

Yeah, pension accounting was HARD for me. There is an issue I need clarity on, specifically that 10% “corridor” as Schweser says. Am I getting this right? If expected return on assets and actual return on assets differ less than 10%, the difference would be reflected in other comprehensive income? Once the difference becomes larger than 10%, the gains or losses are amortized through pension expense. Would that reduce the amount reflected in other comprehensive income over the remaining time period (assuming no more changes to expected and actual return on assets)?

I believe any difference between actual and expected return on assets is reflected in comprehensive income. However, when the cumulative amount of tha tcomprehensive income amount exceeds 10% of the LBO (or the assets, I can;t remember which one), the amount over 10% gets amortized over the remaining years of the employees, which is recognized in the income statement. I hope this helps, TheChad