Does anyone Remember what Memorial Day Weekend is like?

I have vague memories of BBQs, Parties and ladies in bikinis but I could be hallucinating due to mental fatigue.

That was used to be. This weekend holds so much importance in the life of a CFA candidate. They should change the exam date from June to December.

What’s memorial day.

It used to be my anniversary.

Memorial day is when I attempt to memorialize all of the GIPS required disclosures.

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Memorial day is when I attempt to memorialize all > of the GIPS required disclosures. That should be the 6th Dwight.

mwvt9 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > It used to be my anniversary. Did your wife give you an ultimatum and lost? You know, if you lay out your CFA books just right…they can keep you warm at night.

The bonfire after the exam will keep me warm.

AFJunkie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mwvt9 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > It used to be my anniversary. > > > Did your wife give you an ultimatum and lost? > Yes, but the ultimatum was pass the freakin exam or else. Anniversary has been moved to one week after the exam for the past three years.

I’m hoping that this is the last year that I will forget Memorial Day. Even worse, the weekend of the exam is my wife’s birthday so lets just say she isn’t too happy about it and is ready for me to be down with these tests.

I will have a pavlovian hatred of the start of summer for the rest of my life

My wife just graduated from Law School and has her Bar exam July 29th. This whole freakin summer is going to be lame. :frowning:

AFJunkie Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My wife just graduated from Law School and has her > Bar exam July 29th. This whole freakin summer is > going to be lame. > > :frowning: How does the bar exam compare to L3?

Dwight Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Memorial day is when I attempt to memorialize all > of the GIPS required disclosures. I broke it into parts and had it (basically) down in a couple hours, here were the reminders I used: DAM CD - Lenders always call the complaining that my bank’s CD rates are too low George Washington Earth Lingers Near Comets FootBall Freaky Flashy Forward Rates Super Sport Collin Freakin’ County Community College - local CC so that works for me Venereal Disease Definition of firm Availability of a list of composites Minimum portfolio size Currency returns are specified in Derivative / Leverage Usage Gross or net of fees Withholding tax treatment Exchange Rate Inconsistencies between portfolios within composite and between composites and the benchmark Local laws v. GIPS conflicts for performance presentation Noncompliance disclosure for 1/1/2000 and before Cash allocation methodology for carve-outs for pre-2010 Fee schedule appropriate to the presentation Bundled fee portfolio assets as a percentage of the composite, for each annual period shown Fee types included in bundled fees (when a composite contains bundled fees) Fees deducted, in addition to trading expenses, when presenting gross of fee returns Fees deducted, in addition to management fees and direct trading expenses, when presenting net-of-fees returns Return calculation and reporting information available upon request Sub advisor usage and periods used must be disclosed since 1/1/2006 Significant events that would help prospective clients interpret performance must be disclosed Composite descriptions (objectives, style, strategy) must be disclosed Firm redefinition, including date and reason for redefinition, must be disclosed Composite redefinition, including date and nature of change, must be disclosed and can’t be applied retroactively Composite name changes must be disclosed Composite creation dates must be disclosed Valuation date must be disclosed if different from month-end or last business day of the month (prior to 2010) Dispersion of returns of the portfolios in a composite and which dispersion measure is used must be disclosed.