Does beer nullify your workout?

I remember the feeling of coming of out the locker room saturday night, fresh out of the shower, knowing that tonight’s the night even though we got bundied, but we were still pretty a pretty solid NCAA hockey program. What a life.

Or, back in the day, it felt like the life, which probably was good.

Respectfully disagree here, gentlemen. I thoroughly enjoy a cold beer after a 10 - 12 hour work grind, particularly when I’m putting out fires for half the day. Usually I’ll down 1, sometimes 2 beer depending on the day. Interchangeable with a glass of wine depending on my booze stock. Its just a calming effect… you don’t have to catch a full buzz but I find even one drink can take the edge off. I don’t get hammered half as much as I used to, probably once every few months when I can get out with the boys.

That’s true as well.

“Beer is the mind killer.”

I’m definitely on team binge drink or nothing. Honestly the two drinks consistently during the week days just give you empty calories, hurt your overall fitness and get in the way of a full out drive during crunch weeks. Honestly if anything during the week I’d recommend 420 if you have the spare 1-2 hours at the end of the night (rarely do) because you can basically get obliteratedly high then wake up the next morning no hangover, no calories (as long as you have the discipline to forgo the munchies).

1 Like

I don’t drink as much. Because I’m pretty single when I’m lit. Actually wife is begging me not to drink at my wedding. Apparently I become a pos.

Meant to comment on this, but just started vacation and had a few beers instead. (True story, not just a convenient segue into a drinking convo). Weed’s been legal in Canada for over a year now and I’ve not yet walked into a smoke shop. I gave up smoking when I was 23 or so, always hated the buzz because i couldn’t think straight and got a little paranoid. Supposedly they have these new strands that just mellow you out… a good many friends of mine gave up weekday drinking in favor of pot for the reasons you mentioned. Once I finish up this current bender I might pick up a bag and a e-vape for intermittent use. Will provide updates as things progress.

I think vaping marijuana is what caused all the deaths

If you can track down kashmire kush it is the single best strain and don’t let the indica label fool you

Yes it does nullify a workout. Alcohol will inhibit all protein synthesis until your body has “purged” the alcohol from your system.

Now, consider that the anabolic window is only open for about 2 hours max post-workout and yes, you will be completely nullifying all the reps you did in the gym.

From a fat store standpoint though, it won’t nullify it. If you expend 1000 calories in the gym during a workout, and have a 2,000 BMR anyways, but only intake 2,600 calories total (800 of alcohol), then no, you’ll still lose weight that day.

Alcohol will kill gains, but, you can still cut weight and drink.

ignore all the other nonsense people have said in this thread.

I award you zero points. So someone who drinks more than two hours after a workout hasn’t impacted anything in that regard by your own logic.

i prolly burn more calories when im drunk cuz im grinding on chicks

Swan over here actually thinking you can be anything other than catabolic when you drink.

#pathetic

#DYEL

Stay in your lane swan.

https://study.com/academy/lesson/alcohol-and-protein-synthesis.html#:~:text=First%20is%20the%20fact%20that,protein%20rather%20than%20building%20it.

That did not negate my point try again

Why do you work such little hours?

I’ve always had that lazy gene. That, and I simply won’t finish the day without a pint.

You’ll never get the chopper money that way. Amirite @Destroyer_of_Worlds

You certainly are.

1 Like

If it means I can still enjoy my evening drink, I’ll have to stick it out with the chariot.