does level 3 have a section like FSA?

just budgeting my time and wondering about level 3. in level 2, i would say i easily spent at least 35% of my time on FSA, if not as much as 50%. some of the stuff just wouldn’t take until the very end (and i had background and pretty good aptitude for the accounting). is there anything in level 3 that is similar? needing to study it so many times. while ethics in level 2 was somewhat shaky for everyone, i don’t feel like you’d benefit much from going over it a very high number of times. i.e. a whole exam that was similar to ethics type subjects, i think i could have cut down on my studying at least 50%. thanks in advance!!!

IPS comprises a solid % of the exam…

No FSA, no quant. It’s touchy feely stuff mostly. The only “technical” stuff this year was currency hedging and derivatives (swaps and options). Much less math than in L2.

There’s no FSA at L3, officially, but they did manage to work some FSA-like stuff on FCFE into an economics question last year.

^I am so glad that I remember how to do FCFE valuation from LII, there was an item set on that FCFE valuation on 2008 exam.

indeed. as the LOS for levele 3 indicate - heavy focus on FSA…

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ^I am so glad that I remember how to do FCFE > valuation from LII, there was an item set on that > FCFE valuation on 2008 exam. That’s interesting… i found you could do level 2 with no knowledge of level 1 whatsoever… is there no FCFE in level 3 readings and then they put it on test??

There were few pages of FCFE on schweser notes.

ws Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > There were few pages of FCFE on schweser notes. ok, that’s good… i just don’t want it to come out of left field (basically the adjusting for tax is the thing you might forget)… steve