Does this experience sound like it would count towards CFA?

A role that involves evaluating the profitability of your company’s products or services (e.g. pens or something, not necessarily finance related) and deciding which ones to keep and which to cut.

nope…not a chance…sry

No.

Does keeping track of clients cost bases, and re constructing cost bases with regard to corporate actions to help in the decision making of selling and buying securities. And organising this so they can report for their tax returns. Also providing portfolio analytics such as performance, sectors etc, and comparing to model portfolios and benchmarks??

I am in a start-up HF… and have yet to pass level 1. Please advise, does the following experience count: evaluating fund’s performance /calculating return, keeping track of benchmarks/. I am not involved in fund strategy. In the near future, I will also deal with financial compliance issues and communication with fund administrators. What title would best reflect these responsibilities? Comments are greatly appreciated!

Pls let me know if the following experience counts: counting the number of pens in my drawer

^^^ what color pens?

I was being serious…

the guy asks a serious question, give him a break man

Avala Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am in a start-up HF… and have yet to pass > level 1. > Please advise, does the following experience > count: > evaluating fund’s performance /calculating return, > keeping track of benchmarks/. I am not involved in > fund strategy. > In the near future, I will also deal with > financial compliance issues and communication with > fund administrators. > What title would best reflect these > responsibilities? > > Comments are greatly appreciated!

no way in hell.

Avala Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > What title would best reflect these > responsibilities? > Back Office Administrator?

You guys really think you are holier than thou

What is up with the arrogance on this board? I didn’t know a country club membership was required to make a posting here. Not everyone was born with a silver spoon.

McLeod81 - hit the nail on the head mate

maddane, mcleod81: you’re dealing with 25 year old kids who think they are smarter than the rest of the world because they are in high paying finance jobs - good luck humanizing them.