Does US dependent visa (H4) allow a person to take the CFA exam in US?

Hi,

I am an Indian, recently shifted to US on dependent visa (H4).I am planning to give CFA level 1 in June 2014…Please let me know whether I can take a center in US for exam & give the CFA exam in US itself…does H4 visa allow this? Or I will have to give the exam from India only?

Thanks!

contact CFA institute…

I do not think there is any such restriction. You need a proper and valid passport - (valid at the time of taking the exam) and you need to provide that information on the website at the time of registering for the exam, is all I think.

Thanks!

where did you get the exam from and who are you giving it to???

hello…

I surely know the answer to this… as my case is similar …I am one on H4 and moved to US in 2011… I registered for 2012 June examination and yes I appeared the exam from Seattle … So yes on H4 you can study and appear for CFA exams… you dont need any student visa…

Infact I do know someone… she registered for CFA level 1 examination from US…and due to unforeseen circumstances…she had to visit India…she changed her centre…(like one month prior to exam) and she appeared exam from India… So to answer you … Yes you can appear for CFA exam from US on H4 visa… I could not pass in June2012 so I am planning to re-register now for Dec 2014…

Hope my reply helps…

Best of Luck and happy studying :slight_smile:

Thanks Mamta…your reply was helpful!

All the best to you too!