Doing CFA Level 2 or daytrading to make $500/day?

If you can only do one of two’s, what would your do?

oh man.

This is easy…daytrading.

Most people lose money daytrading. Unless you have been trading for years and have been doing well for a while , I would strongly suggest CFA Level 2.

second that

Nonsense…

Okay well if you look at just the question and dont read into it at all then the answer is easy. Day trading. I’ll take working from home for 130K per year any day and so would anybody.

Take the CFA level 2 so that you can make $1000/day daytrading.

“Take the CFA level 2 so that you can make $1000/day daytrading.” There’s an inverse relationship between successful day traders and education…

Nonsense…

BTW - If you can make $500/day why can’t you make real money?

Passing the CFA exam won’t help you become a better day trader.

I’m sorry but this thread is dumb.

I’m sorry, I guess you guys didn’t get the sarcasm in my post.

A bit more about my trading experience: Master in EE long time ago, and don’t have much knowledge in financials, economics. Learning CFA helps me to better understand the market. Have been trading for years, and stopped it for a year or so to try to do 9-5 job, and felt it’s a waste of time and a lost of freedom. My today’s trading: SS 2000 C @25.23 Cover @24.84 SS 2000 GE @34.35 Cover @34.18 SS 2000 GE @34.12 Cover @ 34.12 SS 2000 GE @34.27 Cover @34.2 Today’s balance chg is: +$1016 (according trading platform) , no overnight position.

Day trading, if that 500 / day is realistic to keep up. To me, the point of being more educated, learning, growing etc., yes, its for personal satisfaction, but it's also for making more to take care of your family, to give yourself freedom and so forth. If i could consistently make 500 / day, I would have reached the goal of why I'm trying to make in the first place. Depends on your lifestyle too I guess, I would be happy making $500/day. That’s just my opinion, others may disagree.

apple888 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > A bit more about my trading experience: Master in > EE long time ago, and don’t have much knowledge in > financials, economics. Learning CFA helps me to > better understand the market. > Have been trading for years, and stopped it for a > year or so to try to do 9-5 job, and felt it’s a > waste of time and a lost of freedom. > > My today’s trading: > > SS 2000 C @25.23 Cover @24.84 > SS 2000 GE @34.35 Cover @34.18 > SS 2000 GE @34.12 Cover @ 34.12 > SS 2000 GE @34.27 Cover @34.2 > > Today’s balance chg is: +$1016 (according trading > platform) , no overnight position. And if we had vol like today on everyday we would all day-trade.

absolutely amateur comments. If your 500$/day was assured, then there is no question about what to do. I don`t know how you manage your risk, or on what you trade. But as trader myself, i dont understand how you can ask this question. The CFA wont teach you shit. Read books on TA, and stuff like that. The two subjects are comletely unrelated, even for market education. In fact i think the CFA will be detrimental

I made another $500 today now before 12 so I post my real question here, Getting CFA, I’ll be more knowledgable and it’ll become possible for me to take care of a big asset. More people can benifit from my abilities and I’ll feel more achievable. But it’s just a possibility, there is some risk here. I believe in myself, daytrading for $500/day is attainable. The problem is that daytrading for myself is like doing a contract job and it’s limited. Today’s trading (before 12): Long 500AAPL@137.72, Sell@137.07 SS 1000 C@25.42 Cover2000 @25.19 SS 1000 C@25.45 SS 1000 GE@33.86, Cover@33.67 SS 1000 PFE@25.57 Cover@25.33 Net chg, +502

It’s always good to see that you mastered the topic related with market efficiency from Level 1