Doing Horribly in Ethics..any tips?

Hello everyone, I’m doing horribly (~50%) in Ethics and I’m not sure what’s going on! There are just so many gray areas that could go one way or the other, and I also end up thinking the person in question violated a standard when he/she in fact was innocent. Also, let’s say a person knows a standard is being violated… when do they CEASE to do their responsibilities vs RESIGN from their job? It seems like there are instances where u resign and instances where u cease until matter is resolved… Lastly, does anyone have any tips for doing well on Ethics or a list of tricky areas that we should be aware of? For example: (my latest screw ups) 1. Factual data from a recognized reporting service need not be cited. 2. Excluding portfolios with small balances from the composite performance presentation is not a violation of the standards Thanks so much for your help!

Yohji, Read the Ethics section again and practice using Qbank. Choose the option to grade after each question. This way you’ll be able to see why your choice was incorrect/correct. Good Luck!

Vohji, I think when doing the q-bank questions, do the basic questions mixed in with some of the longer item set type questions, then try some more item set questions. make sure you debrief all the questions, right and wrong ones. hope that helps…

@ Yohji : I would request you to make a brief note (only some points on each of the Stds n sub points)… I m doing it and it is really helping me !! Also remember that you need to know the significance of each of the Stds… thts it !! Best of Luck :slight_smile:

Make sure you check out the mock exam because I found the ethics questions on there pretty tough and I thought I had ethics down.

agree, now i realised one section in qbank i should finish all questions is ethics. definitely improve a lot with more practice. tmjones2 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Make sure you check out the mock exam because I > found the ethics questions on there pretty tough > and I thought I had ethics down.