Done with reading text/schweser notes....now what?

ok - about 8 weeks from this Saturday until game day. I am nearly done with all 18 chapters of topic. I read each chapter and read and took schewser notes. Unfortunately, in an effort to finish these chapters in a week at a time I didnt do a lot of tests or quizzes other than a few at the end of chapters, which admittedly i didnt do that well on. now that i have about 8 weeks to kick around and get down to business how would you suggest that I best allocate my time? I was thinking a schweser practice test to see where I am weakest and then work backwards at my weakest points. from there I would think going through those chapters again would be a good way to do it. Any thoughts? All are certainly appreciated. Cheers

get the ‘schweser qbank’ somehow. it contains thousands of questions and this will help you to identify your weak areas. doing practice tests without knowing the material properly is a waste of time. you really need to dedicate some solid time to learning the material by testing yourself. getting the ‘schweser secret sauce’ would be helpful also as this is a 200 pg summary of the entire cirriculam. it doesnt cover everything, but has alot of the main concepts covered. its a great way to review and im using it alot now.

I finished the readings about a week ago and have been using Qbank to review - its better than going for a practice test because you can do only a few questions at a time (rather than trying to set aside a 6 hr block) and will still tell you where your weak points are.

Look thru the material again and prepare your own summarized notes on everything. It will reinforce the material. Be thorough, take your time (4 weeks) and spend the month before the test on practice problems and tests.

I have been studying the Cfa curriculum material…I am working through a Schweser practice exam today…bit of a train wreck, anywhere 47-72% on various sections… Relating this to the original post,how are these Schweser practice exams compared to CFa,this is my first interaction with Schweser and found it tough going.

perdition Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have been studying the Cfa curriculum > material…I am working through a Schweser > practice exam today…bit of a train wreck, > anywhere 47-72% on various sections… > > Relating this to the original post,how are these > Schweser practice exams compared to CFa,this is > my first interaction with Schweser and found it > tough going. Little relation. You’re much better off taking the practice exams on the CFAI website.

Schweser is much more quantitative than the actual exam. The CFAI sample and mock exams are more representative, but don’t sweat if you don’t score well on them. For Level 1, I never scored above 70 cumulative and passed the exam easily. For Level 2, I was scoring in the 50s a couple days before the exam and passed that as well. It is very valuable to take the exams though, as it’s better, more focused learning than reading text from CFAI or Schweser. Best of luck to all taking the exam in December.