Don't know what to do about FI & Derivatives

I’ve been reading these over and over… but doesn’t seem to enter my head… these 3 Study Sessions are bringing my scores down drastically… I am sinking :frowning:

finfan, just do the basics, forget the difficult questions. i am sure they are going to be 70% basics question on exam.

finfan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve been reading these over and over… but > doesn’t seem to enter my head… these 3 Study > Sessions are bringing my scores down drastically… > I am sinking :frowning: FI is hard, very tough. i hear this section smokes a lot of people, lots of quant in there and it takes some people days to get bootstappong and forwards. derivatives, small % of overall exam, i would focus on 3 tytpes of SWAPS, FRA formula, and DEF need to know options. the intereat rate and option markets are growing like mad, so i assume CFAI will ask us about this.

If I score less than 50 on Asset Valuation section, will I have a chance to pass considering my scores in other 5 areas are >70 or 50-70… If yes, how less than 50 is ok… my scores on this section are pathetic…

FI + Derivates = 20% of the exam. so combined they are just as important as FSA. 20% of exam = 48 questions. I’d say if you fail this, don’t go below 50 to be safe.

Correction: FI + Deriv. = 17% Add Alt. Inv. and you get 20%

zenji Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Correction: FI + Deriv. = 17% > Add Alt. Inv. and you get 20% that is a good way to look at it. assume you bomb FSA, and crish the rest, you can pass. : ) - good night everyone, my eyes are bloodshott