Don't know where i missed.

Was my second attempt and this, got more than 50% in all subjects and more than 70% in 3 subjects but still a band 10.

We sincerely regret to inform you that you did not pass the December 2012 Level I CFA exam. 37% of candidates passed the December 2012 Level I CFA exam. A summary of your exam results is provided below. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each topic area. We encourage you to consider registering for the June 2013 Level I CFA exam. Registration will be available tomorrow, 23 January after 9:00 a.m. ET on the CFA Institute website. (Please note that you must have a valid international travel passport to register. Learn more about the identification policy.)

Please contact us if you have questions or comments about the CFA Program.

Multiple Choice

Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 8 - - * - Corporate Finance 20 - * - - Derivatives 12 - - * - Economics 24 - * - - Equity Investments 24 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 48 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 28 - * - - Portfolio Management 12 - * - - Quantitative Methods 28 - * -

We have divided the group of candidates who did not pass into 10 approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with the overall scores of candidates who did not pass this exam. Your score band: 10 For example, if the reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of candidates who did not pass. If the reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of candidates who did not pass. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of candidates who did not pass.

First Attempt - band 9… can’t help weeping staring at the email :’(

Commiserations guys, just imagine how easy it will be at your next sitting given that you already have all those hours up your sleeve. There are many posts all over this site about people resitting levels and being glad they did.

Also take a look at…

http://www.300hours.com/1/post/2012/11/your-cheat-sheets-to-the-2012-cfa-results-analysis.html#.UP78yR0zy3M

The L1 analysis for June suggests that in Band 10 you were only 8-11 questions away from passing, got to be worth another try?

Good luck with whatever you choose.