Doomed

Aww man Gouman, do you have the Quick Sheet from Schweser? I feel like I need to nail that down better in my head so I can whip through all those FSA math problems to speed up on time. I think I had to guess at about 7 or 8 towards the end, not enough time to do the math on those. It stinks b/c I know the fixed income stuff but I am rushing to get done by then, need to manage the time better in the middle. I am with you, the series 7 was managable, LOL. My mind doesn’t work like Strangedays. I like analytics but I have trouble digging deeper.

amberpower, give me ur id i can send u few things that u find handy.

Amber - if you can put your hands on the secret sauce - it may be more beneficial to read that than the quick sheet…which is what you have been reading while commuting, right? I take that book everywhere with me, and even 20 minutes (waiting for the kids/lunch hours, etc) you can cover alot. I am averaging high sixties/low seventies on the sample exams from CFAI and the volume 6 schweser exams…but we do have almost 3 weeks left! Econ and Derivatives are my downfall too…I am only averaging 50 - ish on them… Gouman - don’t be so hard on yourself! What areas do you do well in? I try to pace myself to 20 questions in 30 minutes - but the ethics questions seem to take me longer than that, but I easily make up the time in quant, as I find that section I can get through quite quick…any section like this for you?

How do I do that spirit? You mean my email? Thanks ellejay, one of the people at work (there are 4) might have it, they are the ones that gave me the quick sheet. It seems there are only about 5 questions that I was thoroughly baffled by when I went over the mock exams so i guess that is a good sign. It’s not that I am not understanding it.

Hey I am using stalla and I dont have any secret sauce? Any help…or I should ask the old mama for a special recipe? :slight_smile:

But strange, you LOVE this stuff! LOL

I love this things…but mama souce is always the best! LOL OK…I understood…no help :slight_smile:

I remember having eard Andrew Temte (President and CEO of Schweser) saying that he beleives that the pass mark is set to be the 70th percentile. Of curse that is only his view as the passing score policy is not disclosed, but then it would make sence if we do some few assumptions (std normal distrib of marks + mean of 50) I really hope we all nail this exam on the 7th.

D’Artagnan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I remember having eard Andrew Temte (President and > CEO of Schweser) saying that he beleives that the > pass mark is set to be the 70th percentile. > he’s definitely wrong and it’s hard to believe he said that. The passing score seems to chanage from yeara to year and based on a variety of estimation techniques it is almost always (I would probably go with always) less than 70%. > Of curse that is only his view as the passing > score policy is not disclosed, but then it would > make sence if we do some few assumptions (std > normal distrib of marks + mean of 50) > The policy is disclosed although the passing score is not. > I really hope we all nail this exam on the 7th. I hope you all do too

:S ! u got me confused joey, I heard him explaining this in a lecture (more promotion and PR than actual finance ) in Reuter’s london office last year… :s was he trying to simply dodge the question everyone is asking using this trick … and I beleived that for that long anyway I guess u r way more informed than I am … damn I was so sure ! well better go back to my duration&convexity problems …

amberpower, yeap, give me ur email ID.

amberpower Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Aww man Gouman, do you have the Quick Sheet from > Schweser? I feel like I need to nail that down > better in my head so I can whip through all those > FSA math problems to speed up on time. I think I > had to guess at about 7 or 8 towards the end, not > enough time to do the math on those. It stinks b/c > I know the fixed income stuff but I am rushing to > get done by then, need to manage the time better > in the middle. > > I am with you, the series 7 was managable, LOL. My > mind doesn’t work like Strangedays. I like > analytics but I have trouble digging deeper. mail me at destinationiim@gmail.com I will send u pdf copy of schweser quick sheet

spirit: lilbit2804@hotmail.com Thanks!!!

amberpower, did u get my mail?

I will check when I get home. Can’t see that email at work. I am sure that I did though…