Doomed

46% on the mock exam. 46% on the first sample, 60% on the second. I just don’t have the brain for this.

Did you put in the required number of hours? That is usually the problem… I am still not feeling very confident after what I consider to be more than 300 hours…

Not too bad for a pregnant lady.

I have been studying since December. I read all the CFAi books, answered all the questions. Have the Qbank, made flash cards from the CFAi books and answer questions on here. It is not in the cards. I have a strong bond financial background but this seems to be too much. I would say I average 1-2 hrs a day during the week and 3-4hrs on the weekend.

Finance is not a matter of study…it is a matter of love…

amber, how were you doing on the sample questions from Qbank?

is Qbank a must have? becuase i did not buy it. Am i screwed or what?

supersharp i Feel you. I have put in over 300, did thousands of questions and I still don’t feel likeI know EVERYTHING.

You may be doomed if the composit score is 46% in all areas, but my guess is that some areas are weeker than others (SS9/10/16?). I feel ya though. I have 4 areas where I’m weak and 14 where I am strong. Don’t give up though! We can do this.

Econ, FSA and Derivatives are a consistant problem which I have been hitting hard. I HAVE passed each section at least once with 80 or above (I did great, or awful) except Econ, FSA and Deriv, which were 50%, 58% and 66%. Crap shoot from here I guess.

Don’t worry amber, I am in the same boat. Got a 59% on my first mock today(Boston Society). But with 3 weeks left I can learn from my mistakes and get 20 more questions right by the time the exam comes around. I don’t think I have any other choice… I already invested too much time. KJH is right… its probably just a few weak sections, which means less to learn and improving those will bring up your scores big time.

Guys I start to not feel really well…I think I got a caught a cold! WTF!!! I cannot get sick now!!!

Strange, your could have cholera and still pass this test in June = ) It seems you always answer my questions when I post them. Whats your background, you seem to have your stuff together?

SConnery Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Strange, your could have cholera and still pass > this test in June = ) It seems you always answer > my questions when I post them. Whats your > background, you seem to have your stuff together? Thanks SConnery! Unfortunately…I also have some small trouble in some area. Anyway I hope to fix everything in the next weeks. I studied quanto finance and economics at uni…pretty hard core Option pricing and valuation, I have also published my Msc dissertation in financial econometrics in an accademic journal. Currently working as analyst. Sincerly, I love this stuff! I have to study GIPS and corporate governance… I think they are useless. What about u?

SConnery Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Strange, your could have cholera and still pass > this test in June = ) It seems you always answer > my questions when I post them. Whats your > background, you seem to have your stuff together? Given the situation in Myanmar, I propose a moratorium on cholera jokes. There really isn’t much funny about watching your life run away in watery s&^t anyway…

2001 Computer science and Finance under grad Had a passion for investments, but followed my wife for her career so we traveled alot and I became a software engineer for the last 7 years. Saw 2 of my friends switch to investments, first one a systems engineer became a PM after he got his masters and cfa and another and the other became a Quant guy at a hedge fund from a programmer with a math background. So I decided to follow my dream… hard studying after you have been awol for 7 years.

Sorry Joey, Didn’t think about the current situation over there… sorry if I offended anyone.

Hey, not me, I don’t have cholera. Drank a little much at dinner maybe…

SConnery Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2001 Computer science and Finance under grad > Had a passion for investments, but followed my > wife for her career so we traveled alot and I > became a software engineer for the last 7 years. > > > Saw 2 of my friends switch to investments, first > one a systems engineer became a PM after he got > his masters and cfa and another and the other > became a Quant guy at a hedge fund from a > programmer with a math background. So I decided > to follow my dream… hard studying after you > have been awol for 7 years. Nice man! Dont worry…you will be fine (I hope I will be fine too)! Anyway…you had a life (travelling, family), which is not written in the Code of Ethics but it is far more important that many other things

I feel your frustration Amber. I’ve put in 3 hours per day on weekdays and 6 hours per day on weekends since January. Was putting an hour or a day for the last two months of 07 too. I’ve never tried so hard to achieve anything, and yet the highest score I can seem to muster is a measly 60%. What was I thinking trying to take on the mother of all standardized exams when I tend to suck at standardized exams. Time is my biggest enemy. I simply have not found a strategy to get through 120 questions in three hours without having to simply guess on roughly 20 questions towards the end. If I had an extra hour/hour and a half, I’m almost certain I could raise my score to 70%. Of course thats not gonna happen, unless, I convince CFAI I’m disabled. At this point, thats about how I feel. Actually, I just feel like the worlds biggest douche-bag.