Doostang - how effective?

Do you know anyone landed a job by using Doostang? Or yourself? please share. I know that they are growing fast with lots of big companies using them now but I do not personally know any success story.

Sounds like another “LinkedIn” to me with a weird-sounding name. LinkedIn isn’t that useful but I don’t know about this one because I’m not a member.

It is another linkedin but with ponzi scheme twist. If you have twenty invites signs up, then they allow you to access their “best” jobs. That’s why we have people giving invites day after day. It usre is a clever way to promote the site… :stuck_out_tongue:

I am a member of LinkedIn. I do not see much benefits from LinkedIn.

I think the real benefit is that if you are qualified for a particular job, recruiters find you. I have fielded several calls from recruiters who recruit in the AM space because they saw my info on Doostang or Linkedin. I plan to use one of these recruiters down the road to obtain a relationship management position on the east coast. I have already helped him in one of his searches.

same here, if your offer matches somebody’s needs linkedin and doostang et al will get you the calls at least that how it works for me

I got 2 interviews for the jobs there

Doostang has allowed me to contact many different individuals at different firms and allow me to do informational interviews. As far as jobs, not so much; as far as a learning experience, priceless.

linked in REALLY sucks

“Doostang has allowed me to contact many different individuals at different firms and allow me to do informational interviews. As far as jobs, not so much; as far as a learning experience, priceless.” Clearly you work for Doostang.

Just my personal experience: You know once you attract 20 new friends, you are “allowed” to join “Selected Practice Group”? Well I met all requirements and requested to join 4 of groups “they selected”. 2 of them are strongly related to my background and 2 of them just loosely related with some overlaps regarding skill set. They rejected me all of them. I re-requested and was rejected again. They did not like my international experience, my name, where I am from…who knows why? Because they never responded to my email. Now I treat this like other job websites like Monster and Hotjobs. I would update my resume from time to time, but nothing more.

"They did not like my international experience, my name, where I am from…who knows why? Because they never responded to my email. " just curious, where are you from? why didn’t you ask them what they don’t like about you?

>just curious, where are you from? why didn’t you ask them what they don’t like about you? I did. I said they did not respond my email, didn’t I? I am from Japan. By the way, I forgot to mention. To be fair, one headhunter contacted me through Doostang. Too bad it did not work out because the position was in Japan.

Turkish - Not quite…I didn’t say that it was successful percentage wise. I was relying on a mass email of specific people. So for every 4/5 or so I sent out, I’d get 1 response. IMO it was a fairly good rate or response for a networking website.