doostang violation

found this one on job board doostang - how do people pass level 1 and get away with this??? ------------------------------------ Michelle Wang Strategy Analyst/Global Strategy, State Street CFA II Strategy Consulting/Financial Services --------------------------------------

i wrote D O O S T A N G but it got edited out.

i’m going to use this thread to ask since it probably doesn’t deserve its own thread is it a violation if your resume says Chartered Financial Analyst Level 2 Candidate in one of the bullets? seems innocuous to me but i’m having some doubts

If I saw a resume with a heading like that, I would think…good, this person doesn’t get bogged down in stupid bulls—.

NakedPuts Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If I saw a resume with a heading like that, I > would think…good, this person doesn’t get bogged > down in stupid bulls—. Instead would you think, “This dumb s*&t did not even read the level one material”…

Did she pass 2 or is sitting for 2 lol

PtrainerNY Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Did she pass 2 or is sitting for 2 > > lol thats the point. this dumb chick puts it vaguely. very shady.

You can put you are a level 2 candidate. but you cannot put CFA II. Oh michelle… looks like you didint score very well in the ethics section did you?

CFA 2 means Cats fancier Associate version 2.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PtrainerNY Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Did she pass 2 or is sitting for 2 > > > > lol > > > thats the point. this dumb chick puts it vaguely. > very shady. If her intention was to mislead by putting it vaguely then that’s pretty smart and shady, but not dumb.

isn’t this the girl from Old School? she wasn’t very ethical in that movie either

its not smart and shady, its DUMB. officially, she could be kicked out of the program, should someone bring it to the attention of the CFAI.

Isn’t Michelle Wang the Asian girl from Rushmore? I’ll let her ethics violation slide due to hotness.

I just checked SS’ outlook box (have a contact) and couldnt find Michelle Wang…I guess she got fired coz of this.

What she should have done was come here and started 6 threads about how exactly she should represent this on her resume.

It was Margaret Yang edit: Here’s another instance of CFA II (check out the summary portion of the resume http://robinson.gsu.edu/finance/resumes/gbrown.pdf). The sad part is that as a finance instructor, she’s actually building acceptable work experience… whereas I’m rotting away doing accounting work despite paying attention to the code and standards.

Why does anyone give a hoot? Ultimately, to say you are a CFA LII is ambiguous but only unethical because CFAI says it is. That has more to do with marketing and trademark protection than any real ethical issue. I think there is almost no value in any of CFAI’s ethical idiocy so I don’t care at all if someone breaks this one.