Doubt in Institutional investors - Foundations

A foundation has $ 1 billion under AUM and the current asset allocation is 40% US Equities, 40% US Treasuries , 10% Investment- Grade non US bonds and 10% is cash. They have a small investment. They wish to change the asset allocation and three choices are

Asset Class Asset Mix I Asset Mix II Asset Mix III
Cash* 5% 5% 4%
US equities 20% 40% 30%
Global (Non-US) equities 10% 35% 40%
US Treasuries 5% 10% 10%
Non-US developed markets bonds 5% 10% nil
HF and PE 55% 0 16%
Volatility 16% 16% 16%

I think asset 1 is the right mix however the answer states asset mix 3 is appropriate because Asset 1 mix is a far stretch from the current IPS and because asset mix 1 invests 55% in HF which the team may not be able to fulfill because of its small size

I just wanted to verify if the justification provided is accurate. The fund in question has 1 billion AUM which means they can invest around 50% assets in AI. Does the tam size rally matter in such questions because they can always outsource it? And secondly is it detrimental if the suggested policy is a far stretch from the current IPS

Outsource is expensive. And 55% is too high for a small asset size foundation. You may also need to consider change the investment team if the asset allocation is far stretch from current IPS.