Dow 10000

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 2 things. > > 1. long XLF > > 2. I am NOT happy markets are down (PA is down 5% > YTD and my family account MUCH more, much much > more) but TA does work… > > > -------------------------------------------------- > – > > 10440 > Posted by: daj224 (IP Logged) > Date: October 3, 2008 03:22PM > > > close under it? this was my TA level of interest > from wed…10,020-10,100 is the next stop > -------------------------------------------------- > -------- > > testing 10440 > Posted by: daj224 (IP Logged) > Date: October 2, 2008 12:55PM > > > Dow tanking, a close under this mark would mean > 10,000 tomorrow. > -------------------------------------------------- > ----------- no… I told you so. You just couldn’t hold it back could you. I’m gonna have to create the ‘Trades daj224 is ‘hard on’’ thread for you huh??

> no… I told you so. You just couldn’t hold it > back could you. I’m gonna have to create the > ‘Trades daj224 is ‘hard on’’ thread for you huh?? hey dude. did not post sat or sunday. so relax. I am travelling for a few days so chill out. see everyone on wednesday

Dow below 9800…

Do you think we are heading to 7500 - 7600 (lows of 1998 and 2002)?

Today’s graph of the DJIA is sickening. There is no buying spike anywhere. It’s been just one flat slide down to oblivion.

Probably will reach 8000 quote

strangedays Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Probably will reach 8000 quote cramer will look like a genius.

What kills me is that if things keep going Black Monday [1987] is going to look like a school trip compared to Black Monday(S) of October 2008. Willy

s23dino Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > equity_analyst Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > That would be a mistake. > > > Seriously when will i get an oppurtunity to buy > this at such a depressed price. I think once the > bailout goes through that banks will be stronger > which will set them up for growth. I’m all about > price and I think an inverse funds are too high > right now so I’ll go the other way. I mean this > has been going on for a year now, much longer then > a usual recession, I can’t imagine XLF to be > priced under 20 one two three years from now. The > only thing that is holding me back is it would be > for my personal acct. i.e. holding period of 5 > years tops, if I had money left in my roth I would > totally do it with 30 plus year holding period. Time diversification is a misnomer. This is not about the $700B bailout, it’s about the insolvency of the global financial system. We are in unchartered territory and there is no international lender of last resort. We have yet to have the REAL capitulation event. If you want to buy XLF I would do so with VERY, VERY small scales.

All the gains for the last 10 years have been wiped :(. I hope stocks don’t fall to 95% of their value.

daj224 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > strangedays Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Probably will reach 8000 quote > > > cramer will look like a genius. Don’t know about that. . . didn’t he call the bottom in Mid July?

JustPass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > daj224 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > strangedays Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > Probably will reach 8000 quote > > > > > > cramer will look like a genius. > > > Don’t know about that. . . didn’t he call the > bottom in Mid July? Yes, he certainly did.

In reading some articles, how do you know when true capitulation has been met? > Time diversification is a misnomer. This is not > about the $700B bailout, it’s about the insolvency > of the global financial system. We are in > unchartered territory and there is no > international lender of last resort. We have yet > to have the REAL capitulation event. If you want > to buy XLF I would do so with VERY, VERY small > scales.

I made quick buck with UYG, but i am not touching this right now. I just dont believe it is so unreasonable for dow to get as low 8-7k