Dow 10000

Today?

why not, nothing significant about it except it is divisible by 1000.

For us oldsters, it matters. Some of us remember Dow 1000, that was passed in 1973 and then 1982…

Dow is currently at 10077 down by 2.4%

Oh wow here it comes. Markets are free falling now.

getting closer - - 10,043 right now. down 281. jeez.

It just touched the magic 10,000.66.

Wow, look at the support at 10K, if we bust through I predict a massive technical selloff.

BANG!!!

TOUCH DOWN 9xxx !

equity_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Wow, look at the support at 10K, if we bust > through I predict a massive technical selloff. I agree. If we fall through 10K who knows where the next support level will be. Oh shit, 9990

On my desk I have a yellowed copy of the WSJ that came out the day after we broke 10,000 on 3/29/99. I remember the traders popping champagne, the time was 2:29pm EST. Anyone know where I can get a flux capacitor?

I’m seriously thinking about buying XLF today with all this fear going on today…

That would be a mistake.

s23dino, you better buy it NOW :slight_smile:

What did the title of the story say in WSJ

2 things. 1. long XLF 2. I am NOT happy markets are down (PA is down 5% YTD and my family account MUCH more, much much more) but TA does work… ---------------------------------------------------- 10440 Posted by: daj224 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: October 3, 2008 03:22PM close under it? this was my TA level of interest from wed…10,020-10,100 is the next stop ---------------------------------------------------------- testing 10440 Posted by: daj224 (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: October 2, 2008 12:55PM Dow tanking, a close under this mark would mean 10,000 tomorrow. -------------------------------------------------------------

equity_analyst Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That would be a mistake. Seriously when will i get an oppurtunity to buy this at such a depressed price. I think once the bailout goes through that banks will be stronger which will set them up for growth. I’m all about price and I think an inverse funds are too high right now so I’ll go the other way. I mean this has been going on for a year now, much longer then a usual recession, I can’t imagine XLF to be priced under 20 one two three years from now. The only thing that is holding me back is it would be for my personal acct. i.e. holding period of 5 years tops, if I had money left in my roth I would totally do it with 30 plus year holding period.