Dow - More than 900 points down post election

I thought we reached the bottom. Market went up continously for 4 days last and early this week. Now all the gains fade away.

Maybe they will go up after Obama lays out an economic plan with his advisors. I heard some talk about the economic advisors wanting to only focus on getting the economy back in like pre-election, but did not see a tangiable plan yet. Granted, there are many other factors bringing the mkts down besides this one factor.

buy the rumor, sell the news. bear market head fake, what else did you expect?

Investors voted with money on the their view of the election result. Granted the country should unit under the new president-elect. BUT, I don’t have to park my money in the stock market under an overall lefty administration and congress. Dow sees low 7,000 before year end.

Ignorant question from a clueless Canadian: Is Obama actually President and making decisions right now or not until he’s sworn in come January?

Jan 20th, until then he is supposed to get up to speed, pick her advisors, etc…

He starts - 20th Jan 2009. Now till then is the transition period.

No, we still have 2 months more of W. However, he is getting his transition team in place and probably putting more meat on policies. If there is substantial legislative work required to enact his program, as much of his campaign promises suggest, his legislative experience may actually be much more relevant than has been appreciated. We haven’t had a President that had House or Senate experience since Gerald Ford.

i think this whole 3 month transition crap is nonsense. the old guy should get at most 30 days to pack his boxes and leave via the back door. as long as gwb has his hands on the steering wheel, anything can and will break. he is murphy himself, that sorry critter.

I think security should just walk him to the door.

rohufish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i think this whole 3 month transition crap is > nonsense. the old guy should get at most 30 days > to pack his boxes and leave via the back door. > > as long as gwb has his hands on the steering > wheel, anything can and will break. he is murphy > himself, that sorry critter. Do you think they really work together and transition - like normal jobs?

I don’t know if they would get along. Obama has been bashing Bush for the last year.

This is typically the period when the incumbent becomes a lame duck president. Oh, wait a moment …

We clearly elected the wrong person!

mpnoonan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > We clearly elected the wrong person! Time will tell