Dow over 8000

Is this the G-20 effect ? Changes in FASB rules ?

The dow is just cheap. Look, the fools in Washington are going to flood the planet with cash. I promise you the companies that underpin our society will catch some of that cash. And like I said, the chart formed a double dip two prong schittilybong bottom.

Yes, it’s the G-20 effect.

My gut is that the employment report tomorrow will be bad, and the rush to the exits will bring us back to sub 8K…I am contemplating some put buying today…

gaffano Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > My gut is that the employment report tomorrow will > be bad, and the rush to the exits will bring us > back to sub 8K…I am contemplating some put > buying today… hold on. report on employment today was bad. still the markets went up. as i mentioned previously employment stats are lagging indicator. factory orders went up which is a sign that bottom was reached maybe end of Feb or in march. rejoice and embrace the glory that is the equity markets. praise be to equity risk premium. amen.

hear you…however, these days I am giving more thought to behavioral finance factors…I just think the economic gods have are just playing with the drag, they let us run for awhile, then they start to reel in just when we think we got away, tired… we give in, no longer the stamina for the fight…

Employment reports are lagging. Fine. But from moment on? Today G-20 took center stage, stocks went up .5% when the $ 1 trln commitment to the IMF were announced. Tomorrow - NFP day - all this will have faded in memory and next week people might have forgotten all about it. Let them stocks have their day. It won’t last for too long.

** fist pump **

FYI we will close S&P 500 at 831.7 today.

STOCKS NEWS US-Markets advance on mark-to-market easing Interactive Investor - 1 hour ago Major US indexes surged on Thursday, advancing after the board that sets US accounting standards agreed to give banks more flexibility in applying mark-to-market accounting to their toxic assets. ^ thats what google.finance has on the top of theirs