Downfalls

Totally off topic, but does anyone else shudder when they watch, if they have ever stumbled upon it, Tom Green Live? It is pretty sad to see like 4 people in his living room making akward conversations with guests and callers over skype. He should pack it in.

For the record, I always though he sucked. Will Ferrill is another guy who I feel has absolutely zero talent. ZERO. His [WFs] funniest role had to be as Mustafa in the Austin Powers flicks…aside from that it’s been one disappointment after another for me. I mean that Ron Burgendy movie…what a waste of time. Made enduring No Country For Old Men actually seem enjoyable. Willy

I thought Will Ferrel was great on SNL but haven’t liked any of his movies…as far as Tom Green, I thought he was hilarious when I was in middle school and he had the show on MTV, but that’s probably more of a reflection of my maturity level. On the other hand, I never thought south park was funny when I was a kid, but now I think it’s one of the best shows on TV. Weird how tastes evolve…

WillyR Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the record, I always though he sucked. Will > Ferrill is another guy who I feel has absolutely > zero talent. ZERO. His funniest role had to be as > Mustafa in the Austin Powers flicks…aside from > that it’s been one disappointment after another > for me. I mean that Ron Burgendy movie…what a > waste of time. Made enduring No Country For Old > Men actually seem enjoyable. > > Willy Dude you totally hit the nail on the head. I didn’t like Will Ferrell even on SNL. And I thought Tom Green was just stupid when I was in junior high, too. The entertainment industry is in pretty sorry shape in this country.

I never understood why people liked Tom Green. Horrible actor and comedian. He married Drew Barrymore, what the hell was she thinking? Freddie Got Fingered + Road Trip are his only two movies I can think of, and his role in both was horrible. Family Guy made fun of him showing him sucking a cow udder while asking the question if anyone liked him. Pretty much the summation of his career. If you liked the Mustafa role you probably like Will Ferrel as Mugato in Zoolander. You can’t help but laugh when Ferrel is on the screen but his role is becoming the same over and over again.

Will Ferrell’s only funny moment on SNL (in fact, likely the only funny moment at all on SNL in the past decade) was the “more cowbell” sketch. And that was only b/c Christopher Walken made that sketch. Damn, I’d say Christopher Walken is in the top 3 funniest guys on screen right now. The worst thought is that lizard-faced Jimmy Fallon/Chris Kattan is taking over Conan’s spot - you can just feel the life being sucked out of “Late Night” at the mere suggestion.

Oh yeah - I actually did like Ferrell in that movie in which a book’s author is actually dictating how his life plays out (can’t remember the title, though I really did enjoy the movie)…he was so out of his element (in a good way), he didn’t have time to be oafishly annoying.

He’s doing the best he can with his 1 testicle. http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=34498357

There’s a youtube video somewhere of Tom Green totally going off on some dude who came to his show and hacked up his desk with a chainsaw. The sad part was, as dumb as that trick was, TG could have just as easily turned it into a joke, just like any other decent comedian would have done. Instead, he chose to throw a hissy fit. Total loser.