Dream Job?

Obviously we’re all taking, wanting to take, or haven taken the CFA to get us there. I’m sure some would love to be running a 30B hedge fund. I can’t imagine how stressful running a hedge fund could be especially if you’ve leveraged yourself out. I would love to take a little less stressful path and end up in PWM running a handful of 20M+ portfolios with a small group of managers. Either that or managing a start-up mutual fund w/ less than 500M in assets. Those two careers are probably impossible without the CFA unless you have a MBA from a top 10. Even then.

Aerobics instructor or trainer. Not kidding.

Sports Car Driver for Motor Trend/Car & Driver Magazine. Amber I would also love to be a fitness guru. Personal Training is a tough racket at the gym I attend. Draw pay with a monthly sales quota.

Swimsuit or underwear model. Not kidding.

PGA Tour player…I’d take the European Tour if I had to.

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > PGA Tour player…I’d take the European Tour if I > had to. Yeah, I don’t think my 8 handicap is going to land me a Tour Card or get me through Q-School anytime soon. Leaving finance aside, playing pro golf would be up there.

I just don’t know how anyone can say finance is a dream job. I like the movie wallstreet as much as anyone as a 10 year old and always said I’d probably end up working in finance. I was a realist at a young age, no NCAA scouts took my mother out for dinner to convince her to send me to their school for basketball or golf. If you were dreaming about being an investment banker as a kid or even now…I thank my personal god, I am not you.

Own some websites that require little work and haul in a bunch of cash.

CMH Mountain guide/Ski instructor

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I just don’t know how anyone can say finance is a > dream job. I like the movie wallstreet as much as > anyone as a 10 year old and always said I’d > probably end up working in finance. I was a > realist at a young age, no NCAA scouts took my > mother out for dinner to convince her to send me > to their school for basketball or golf. > > If you were dreaming about being an investment > banker as a kid or even now…I thank my personal > god, I am not you. The closest I am to that is I used to keep track of the gas price changes in my city and report them to my Mom on where to get the cheapest gas, at 8 or 9 yrs old. Prices always went up on Thursdays. Back when prices only flucuated 5 cents at most. And I didn’t pass level 1 in June thank you very much. LOL

I guess the question is really dream job in Finance. What are you taking the CFA to get to?

“Yeah, I don’t think my 8 handicap is going to land me a Tour Card or get me through Q-School anytime soon. Leaving finance aside, playing pro golf would be up there.” I need to be single digits by the end of this season…or I’m giving up the game. What good is a 330 yard drive if you’re consistently making bogie?

Tennis player

I was playing a lot at the beginning of the summer but since I’ve graduated and started working I don’t really have time anymore. I’ve been playing for 12 years and I’m playing better now than I ever have. Working all the time is definitely going to rip my handicap a new one.

“The closest I am to that is I used to keep track of the gas price changes in my city and report them to my Mom on where to get the cheapest gas, at 8 or 9 yrs old. Prices always went up on Thursdays. Back when prices only flucuated 5 cents at most. And I didn’t pass level 1 in June thank you very much. LOL” Passing level I is over-rated…by the sounds of it, with that background you should have qualified to skip to Level II. I’d contact your local society and have them petition the institute.

“I was playing a lot at the beginning of the summer but since I’ve graduated and started working I don’t really have time anymore. I’ve been playing for 12 years and I’m playing better now than I ever have. Working all the time is definitely going to rip my handicap a new one.” Playing an aggregate of 16 rounds throughout my 4 years at university was terrible for my game. It’s unbelievably frustrating to start playing regularly again after that…

Thanks Turkish. It’s blasphemy I tell you.

Musician or a recording studio owner.

Being Ari Gold would be alright as well.

Samantha’s fox job