Drop in Real GDP/Person or Real Wage Drop?

Any thoughts?

Real GDP goes up with population increases. Real Wages Decline. Was that the question? I can’t remember 100%.

I think I chose real wage. No reasons for it.

GDP?

GDP seemed like the logical answer to me. The other ones seemed out of place, but I could be wrong

I can’t remember the question any more,

The government put restrictions on couples having babies…something like this… I narrowed it down to either a drop in GDP or a drop in GDP per labor hour… I choose drop in GDP b/c the drop in GDP per labor hour has to do with the existing workforce??? Total guess, but hopefully GDP was correct. Who knows…

potential GDP for me- choice C

okie, now I remember the question, I choose GDP

rjs157 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The government put restrictions on couples having > babies…something like this… > > I narrowed it down to either a drop in GDP or a > drop in GDP per labor hour… > > I choose drop in GDP b/c the drop in GDP per labor > hour has to do with the existing workforce??? > Total guess, but hopefully GDP was correct. Who > knows… YES! I remember now. Put restrictions on births = lower population in the future. Lower population = drop in GDP, or economic output Wages increase because of a reduced supply of labor. GDP per hour labor increases because labor hours decrease. Decrease in the denominator (GDP/Labor Hours) equals an increase in the ratio.

so the answer is lowers GDP right? ^^ I cant see how that cant be the answer, considering what makes up the components of GDP (invesment, consumption, etc) .

Let’s pray for GDP

GDP 100% sure.

yeah i picked gdp too the other choices didn’t make much sense… e.g. why would productivity measured as gdp per labor hour necessarily move one way or another

a. GDP b. real wages c. potential GDP something… surely was A.

i marked POTENTIAL GDP because the policy of no immigration and restricting 2 kids is not implemented yet but is being considered.

^^^ I thought the three choices were GDP Real Wages GDP per Labor Hour

damn. i compared this question with china’s 1 child policy for some reason. so i thought 2 child is good, population goes up, more supply of labour so real wage drop. dammit dammit dammit

oh, did u forgot the restrictions on immigration ?!, this will cause the increase in labor supply ?!

I thought one of the choices was fewer technological innovations. And I think that’s what I put. Maybe it was lower potential GDP due to fewer tech innov.