DUDES Analyse this..how to pass it next time

Preparation started: March 1st week Total Hours spent from March March 1st week to May 2nd Week: (25*10)=>250 Last 2 weeks of May=> 60 First week of June 65 Total =======>375 around Area covered 1) Schweser Notes Completed 2) Schweser Practice Exams1==> I was Scoring between 60–70% never gone beyond 75% 3) CFAI mock exam: Morning was 72% but cudn’t attempt evening short of time Please let me know, how to improve this…I can **** this bitch next time. Finally Failed in band 4. Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% Alternative Investments 18 * - - Corporate Finance 36 - * - Derivatives 36 - - * Economics 18 * - - Equity Investments 72 - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * Portfolio Management 18 - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - * - Analysis: 1) FRA is the cultprit here. 2) Equitry is the next bomber here. 3) Schweser notes are not sufficient.

Schweser is sufficient. Start In January. Read through Schweser Twice Finish First Read by April 1 Bang out Q Banks during your second read Start practice exams 4 weeks before the test Review weak areas Do CFA mocks during the last week or so Average Schweser mock 76%. Range 72-82 CFA Mocks - Average 75% Level II: Pass The table below illustrates your subject matter strengths and weaknesses. The three columns on the right are marked with asterisks to indicate your performance on each question or topic area. Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Corporate Finance 36 - - * - Derivatives 36 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 72 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - * - - Financial Reporting & Analysis 72 - * - - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Quantitative Methods 18 - - *

Simple, get >70 in FRA

im a first time candidate so i can’t tell u my experience but here’s what i’m gonna do: start early (now), read thru the CFAI text. i don’t have to get everything the first time, just read thru them and go over the EOCs. hopefully i can finish them before december. then i will use schweser notes/online classes to clarify any unclear concepts (16 weeks) finally, hit the Qbank, mock tests practice exams in april and may. i think the general consent on this forum is that CFAI EOCs are critical to success in L2 so that might be a big missing part.

Thanks for advise guys… But really don’t have time to start preparation from nov or dec. I really busy… 1) I work 9-10 hrs in week days…these freaking financial banks people are mad…they suck our blood. 2) I have to help my dad in his business…weekend goes in that… 3) GF wants to get married now…around dec…I really don’t want this B4 my CFA… there are some other preferences too…I m kinda confuse…Is this CFA really worth of spending 7-8 months of study time!!..Some of the topics are meaningless…like FRA pension(stupid formulas) and this currency methods(temporal and other one)…This is my last time…I’ll start on feb 1 st week this time…that’s it…If I can pull it off then it’s fine…otherwise F**** O**??They are better things to do in life…rather than killing urself in books…NOTHING CAN MATCH PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGW ANG ITS APPLICATION>… But this CFA ********h is better than MBA s*h*i*t(if not from top schools and full time)…Atleast it little helps in practical environment a bit…

TIME_IS_IMP Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- >1) …they suck our blood. > > 3) GF wants to get married now…around dec…I > really don’t want this B4 my CFA… > > there are some other preferences too…I m kinda > confuse…Is this CFA really worth of spending 7-8 > months of study time!!.. > If you and your GF fit this case, then get married right now, right this weekend and don’t wait, and you are done and no more exam study ever. http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?1,1186839 Otherwise, replenish your blood, stay away from vampiress, relax, and start study now bit by bit.

I will marry a month after the next CFA exam. I believe you just have to get your priorities straight. Sometimes it helps to talk to your fiance, she may well support you in this effort if you should decide to re-take. I do 12h on a regular day, as are probably many on this forum. I planned to have 700h (and used probably 500h of that) to study between Jan and Jun, I took all my years vacations and in the last two months I got up at 4 worked from 8till 18 and spend 18-22h studying again. You can do it with a bit of planning! And it’s probably easier the second time around - my second L1 exam was.

TIME_IS_IMP Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks for advise guys… > > But really don’t have time to start preparation > from nov or dec. I really busy… > > 1) I work 9-10 hrs in week days…these freaking > financial banks people are mad…they suck our > blood. > 2) I have to help my dad in his > business…weekend goes in that… > 3) GF wants to get married now…around dec…I > really don’t want this B4 my CFA… > no one cares about your problems

CPAbeatsCFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > TIME_IS_IMP Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Thanks for advise guys… > > > > But really don’t have time to start preparation > > from nov or dec. I really busy… > > > > 1) I work 9-10 hrs in week days…these > freaking > > financial banks people are mad…they suck our > > blood. > > 2) I have to help my dad in his > > business…weekend goes in that… > > 3) GF wants to get married now…around dec…I > > really don’t want this B4 my CFA… > > > > no one cares about your problems +1

I’ve been married for 7 years, work full time and have 3 kids. I passed Level 1 in December 2009 by studying in my non-existent spare time over 4 months. There’s just so much whining that goes on in this forum - makes it hard to stomach. One thing I’ll say for you - it’s very obvious that English is not your first language. I’m sure that contributed to your difficulties with the test.

Do more practice problems, more mock exams. If you’re not consistently scoring above 70 on Schweser mocks you have a lot of reason to be worried.

ACFACandidate Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’ve been married for 7 years, work full time and > have 3 kids. I passed Level 1 in December 2009 by > studying in my non-existent spare time over 4 > months. > > There’s just so much whining that goes on in this > forum - makes it hard to stomach. +1 I have my own war stories (career, marriage, multiple kids) but I just make the time like the other successful folks on this forum. But it’s really more about the QUALITY of study vs. quantity. If people are putting in more than 300-400 hours studying for these tests, the time is not being used efficiently, IMIO.

I don’t know man…this level 2 is not child’s play!!it seems, it demands lot of time!!it all depends, how do u do in last 6hrs… I can’t say abt quality or quantity study…But it required lot of practise it seems…continuous questions practise…so that your brain is programmed to analyse these long(vignettes) questions faster…