e-book version of CFAI curriculum

I just did the CFAI survery, there was a question about your interest in a e-book version of the curriculum, I’m wondering how many people chose yes personally, I think that would be a great idea, having to carry about a stack of books is not that fun…

I can’t imagine trying to read all of this on a computer screen…

i put yes as long as it didn’t cost too much extra. Said I would pay up to an extra $40 max for it. I think it would be a big help at work to be able to work some problems or something without having to lug 900 pounds of books around all day. But I’m not going to pony up a lot of money for it just as an added convenience.

But sitting, staring and scrolling at your monitor for hours on end would be better? That is the most a$$-backwards idea those wanksters could propose. Why don’t they make the curriculum into a 13-episode mini-series on CBS?

forgot to add it would be a lot easier to print off end of the chapter questions and answers and go about it that way than flipping back and forth to the appendix all night.

I don’t think reading it off a computer screen is that bad, especially if you’re used to using google or online resources, its kinda like would you rather use an encyclopedia or wiki, I’d rather use wiki, thats just my choice I totally agree with budfox427’s points. I put 50 bucks, I think if they were to offer this, 50 bucks is more than a fair price, I mean, you can just hire some teenager to scan it into a pdf and burn loads and loads of cds with it, the cost will be peanuts spread over a decent quantity

I’d like an eVersion of CFAI books.

I suppose its a good idea for some. I would hate it. I like the idea of a miniseries.

I’m going with the mini series… Just thinking about having to scroll through six books worth of material makes me sick. The only upside is that you save the trees :slight_smile:

Sometimes you can’t take 35 pounds of books with you…

I’m wondering if this isn’t just a forerunner of them doing away with the books altogether…it must be so much cheaper to do everything online! I would hate it if an e-version were our ONLY option!

go4it Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m wondering if this isn’t just a forerunner of > them doing away with the books altogether…it > must be so much cheaper to do everything online! > I would hate it if an e-version were our ONLY > option! Exactly. I think that is what they are feeling out.

I stare at computer screens for enough of the day. I don’t think my eyes could handle it.

zimzim78 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > But sitting, staring and scrolling at your monitor > for hours on end would be better? > > That is the most a$$-backwards idea those > wanksters could propose. Why don’t they make the > curriculum into a 13-episode mini-series on CBS? mini series…now there’s an idea… you think if they put hot men and / or women on the show in skimpy clothing ttrying to teach stats… some of us would finally get it???

I have an ebook reader and I really wish they had the curriculum in that format. The screen looks like a piece of paper, not like a computer screen, and it’d be amazing to have the entire curriculum in a device that’s smaller than the Secret Sauce. I would not want it if it can only be viewed on the computer, however.

We’re paying several hundred dollars for the books anyway, i can’t imagine it being tough for them to convert to e-book format for free for our convenience.

It’s not tough for them to do it. But why give it away for free when you can charge money for it?