E-mail from CFA...

chad17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No man, it’s in English. > > F*king hell, imagine preparing hundreds of tests > in hundreds of different languages. The CFAI would > go berserk. And then we wouldn’t get our results for 11 months because it would take them that long to grade.

so having english as your first and primary language can be a significant advantage when they toss in those “growth to transitional of a matured company-type” questions… interesting.

Yup… that’s the risk you take as a non-english speaker. And the CFAI obviously doesn’t take this into consideration with their retarded Ethics questions and “which is of the following is not least likely to not affect the above outcome…” type questions. wankers.

steph96 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > chad17 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > No man, it’s in English. > > > > F*king hell, imagine preparing hundreds of > tests > > in hundreds of different languages. The CFAI > would > > go berserk. > > > And then we wouldn’t get our results for 11 months > because it would take them that long to grade. Not really buddy. I think “scantron” is a universal language. But you do have a point for Level 3 exams…

chad17 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yup… that’s the risk you take as a non-english > speaker. And the CFAI obviously doesn’t take this > into consideration with their retarded Ethics > questions and “which is of the following is not > least likely to not affect the above outcome…” > type questions. wankers. Of course, these questions are just as indecipherable to native English speakers…

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > so having english as your first and primary > language can be a significant advantage when they > toss in those “growth to transitional of a matured > company-type” questions… interesting. No need to have it as first language, speaking it for a few years helps. I noticed that many kids in the states have worse gamma and spelling than international ones do. And many “english” words are the same in other languages. You need to know English well enough to take the exam and if you do, you know it better than most people in US (except of those english majors who make fun for us business folks).

except us US kids dont use words like “gamma”… unless we are talking about the sensitivity of delta… grammar is the word you are looking for…you are stuck in CFA mode

when to go for the link hunt ??? any specific date and time (i m based in Dubai)

Mikewinner: Didn’t know you were in Dubai mate. Me too. I guess the results come out all over at the same time: 18th august 9 am Eastern Time (which is 5pm same day Dubai time)