earnings=net income

some times these two term appear, they are interchangeble and basically mean the same thing, is it? Thanks.

LOL

Generally.

Correct me if I am wrong, I’ve seen some question give out value of net income, and later on at the solution part, they mention E/P and use the value of income. if understanding is not correct, I would like to be aware of it if I am wrong. thanks. 3_letters Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LOL

Caspian, your list was incomplete.

^^HW i think you’re on the wrong forum…

can anyone confirm if sales=revenue?

no … sales is when you get a biga$$ discount on stuff you’re buying revenue …never heard of it…

ok, but seriously guys, correct me if I’m wrong, but it’s Net Income when it’s on the Income Statement, Earnings when it’s on the Balance Sheet, other than that, same thing.

sales is not all the time equal to revenue

To be fair earnings are not always equal to NI either. There are all sorts of “earnings”

so now we are more confused than at beginning

you can keep moving up the income statement to get the “earnings” number that you want. ebitda ebit net income but yeah. we should be using net income unless told otherwise. and i don’t think this is what the orignial poster was getting at.

Nope, the question is impossible to answer as a rule. If you don’t understand “why” they might be different, than absolute rule is going to help you…it is all dependent on what is in the question. Heck there are companies that have zero sales, but report revenue…

Um, why are any of you guys even taking this seriously.

I understand what you guys are saying, but are we really going to run around in circles debating a deep and detailed accounting topic that is irrelevant to LII with 10 days left?

I don’t know the poster, but they’ve been around a year and had a few hundred posts; I don’t think it was a joke. Don’t forget many candidates are English as second language and that can be a serious disadvantage. If the poster was being a wisea$$, than they deserved the ripping, but I didn’t sense that.

you’re right. no we are not.

hw, If your are asking a serious question…Your thinking of EPS in your statement not E/P which is earnings yield… very different…Earnings and NI will be the same for most questions… good luck "Correct me if I am wrong, I’ve seen some question give out value of net income, and later on at the solution part, they mention E/P and use the value of income. "